Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

He could pull out of the squad like McLaughlin done in the senior team as Sunderland have a game next weekend while he would’ve been away. 

We’d need the SFA’s blessing (as well as the player’s and presumably Rangers’ too) for that to happen, though.

Surely worth a phone call.

It really will be a disaster to not have them both.

Says a lot about where we are atm.

12 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Was Brewdog the most hipster drink you could think of? Falkirk must be grim.

Brewdog IS the hipster drink. Of course, most FFC youngsters are Yuccies (having left the hipster fold in 2017), and so beer is in itself, as passé as f**k.

I wonder if the club will approach the SFA RE: Rudden.
If they want him then there’s nothing the club can do however, I think there would be a question to be asked on whether it’s better for the kid to go away or stay here and keep playing.

Remember he is on loan from the Rangers, not our call to make.

15 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Fresh, non-polluted air is hipster in Grangemouth.

The fucking weirdos.

9 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Last time we were in Grangemouth on league duty we clinched the first division title...:green

Ahhh, the Grangemouth patter 14 years after we moved in :unsure::unsure2:

We've been in Maryhill for 109 years but folk still say about playing at Partick [emoji6]

Just like folk say playing at Raith or Celtic or St Mirren etc.

It’s part of your name.

The Grangemouth patter is dire though, I thought it was only the Morton diddies who used it.

43 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s part of your name.

The Grangemouth patter is dire though, I thought it was only the Morton diddies who used it.

It’s not really though is it? Partick IS a place, the others afaik are not. 

While having 2 of our better players away on international duty isn't great I think this is still a winnable tie for Falkirk.

We are steadily getting better under McKinnon and did well against County and Ayr and almost getting 4 points out of those games instead of 1. We also limited Dunfermline to mostly long range pish, after the first 5 minutes anyway.

I was also at the partick v ayr game a couple of weeks ago and partick are honking, their results show they are getting worse under Caldwell, without a single win since he took over. I think this is the best chance we will get to collect effectively 6 points here and give the team some confidence pre-Christmas. 

Wouldn't be too shocked if we ended up losing 1-0 to a ridiculous goalkeeping or defensive lapse right enough.

It’s part of your name.

It’s not really though is it? Partick IS a place, the others afaik are not. 

The point is they are talking about playing at the club not the area.

This is definitely worth debating over, IMO.

42 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I can’t see us getting anything from this with our front two both out for international duty. Haber and Lewis are nowhere near good enough. What is the script with the injuries of Erskine and Doolan? Are they likely to be back? 

Doolan was back playing on Saturday. Some nice touches, but seemed a bit off the pace.

Erskine, I’ve no idea.

Tbh, with or without them we’re a shambles, although having both available would reduce the chance of having to play both Spittal and Storey, so fingers crossed they’ll both make it.

2 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

I can’t see us getting anything from this with our front two both out for international duty. Haber and Lewis are nowhere near good enough. 

On 11/11/2018 at 00:12, Reggie Perrin said:

Our only two halfway competent forwards are on international duty next week.

Play your sub keeper or his granny's dog (Haber) up front.  You'll still score.  

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:54, gav-ffc said:

He could pull out of the squad like McLaughlin done in the senior team as Sunderland have a game next weekend while he would’ve been away. 

McLaughin would almost certainly get zero game time, whereas Rudden is likely to feature. SFA could also invoke FIFA's 5 day rule if he pulled out which would scunner us anyway.

Can we no just play Dunne and Laverty up front here?

I’d much rather see us play a couple of young boys who will put some effort in than be seething with Haber labouring about and Lewis barely able to control the ball.

20 hours ago, GMBairn said:

While having 2 of our better players away on international duty isn't great I think this is still a winnable tie for Falkirk.

We are steadily getting better under McKinnon and did well against County and Ayr and almost getting 4 points out of those games instead of 1. We also limited Dunfermline to mostly long range pish, after the first 5 minutes anyway.

I was also at the partick v ayr game a couple of weeks ago and partick are honking, their results show they are getting worse under Caldwell, without a single win since he took over. I think this is the best chance we will get to collect effectively 6 points here and give the team some confidence pre-Christmas. 

Wouldn't be too shocked if we ended up losing 1-0 to a ridiculous goalkeeping or defensive lapse right enough.

Although the better players away aren't superstars, the fear of having Haber in the starting 11 makes me require nappies and if Brough doesnt make it and we have Dallison in, thats a new level of requiring a colostomy bag.

Though to let in 5 goals v Morton who then get beat 2-0 of Alloa kinda suggests we still have a chance, Id have no complaints at the moment taking a 5 goal pumping over a Utd, County and even a QoS with Dobbie on his game but anyone else is quite an achievement.

It really is a massive downer to be without 2 players who really should be nowhere near our team this season but are pretty much key to how we can scrape points till December, also Rudden will be high as a kite after that goal and wont be to our benefit

Archived