Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The name of the game is ninth place.....nothing more and nothing less is the absolute priority. Finishing 8th is “won a watch” territory, and I am sure McKinnon has enough belief in himself that he can put together a team that will see off League One opposition if needs be.

For now though, it’s purely about avoiding 10th place.

Sorry, but that's far too negative an analysis for me.

Last January showed what a difference a few quality players can make. We brought in three decent ones in Nelson, Robson & Jakubiak and then picked up over 30 points before the end of the season. 

McKinnon said he was looking to recruit around eight. If even half of them are as successful as the three listed above then it's reasonable to assume we could go on a similar run..

Alloa are only four points ahead of us. Do you genuinely think their January recruitment will be so much better than ours that we won't be able to catch them? 

The Partick gap is two points. That's nothing. Yes, they'll have money to spend but that doesn't matter if you don't recruit well. And I have far more trust in McKinnon to bring in quality than Caldwell.  Or Hartley for that matter.

I think McKinnon will get us to January within touching distance of those sides and then overhaul both of them in the New Year. He's already achieved a minor miracle by getting eight points with the current squad and all (both) his signings so far have been successes.

Thank God the Morton Chairman gave us permission to talk to him as quickly as he did. Without that we wouldn't have signed Rudden on deadline day and without his goals we wouldn't have beaten Pars or Alloa.

All hail Crawford Rae, saviour and friend to Falkirk FC. :thumsup2

5 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Last January showed what a difference a few quality players can make. We brought in three decent ones in Nelson, Robson & Jakubiak and then picked up over 30 points before the end of the season. 

McKinnon said he was looking to recruit around eight. If even half of them are as successful as the three listed above then it's reasonable to assume we could go on a similar run..

Alloa are only four points ahead of us. Do you genuinely think their January recruitment will be so much better than ours that we won't be able to catch them? 

The Partick gap is two points. That's nothing. Yes, they'll have money to spend but that doesn't matter if you don't recruit well. And I have far more trust in McKinnon to bring in quality than Caldwell.  Or Hartley for that matter.

I think McKinnon will get us to January within touching distance of those sides and then overhaul both of them in the New Year. He's already achieved a minor miracle by getting eight points with the current squad and all (both) his signings so far have been successes.

Thank God the Morton Chairman gave us permission to talk to him as quickly as he did. Without that we wouldn't have signed Rudden on deadline day and without his goals we wouldn't have beaten Pars or Alloa.

Such hubris, your punishment when it inevitably comes will be all the sweeter.

I now believe McKinnon will get us to Christmas closer than I and probably most believed he would.

I am sure he will strengthen in January but all the others will do the same. We have to hope someone messes up above us.

It will not be the forgone conclusion that the minute the bells ring we will become some sort of free flowing unit as some seem to expect. Only my IMO of course.

9 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

So is it punishment or fucking six figure compo?

Compo from McKinnon and points deduction for you. Unless  Morton were in for Rudden and McKinnon instigated a switch to you in which case it’s probably relegation 

13 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Falkirk fans accepting their highest paid squad in a decade battling bravely against relegation is sad to see.

It is a pathetic squad of expensive duds signed by the great incompetent.

Still good enough to win at EEP though

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:11, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure he will strengthen in January but all the others will do the same. We have to hope someone messes up above us.

It will not be the forgone conclusion that the minute the bells ring we will become some sort of free flowing unit as some seem to expect. Only my IMO of course.

I'm not sure " messes up" is the term I'd use. Your someone(s) in question may do well, but that won't matter if we do better. Given the experience, knowledge and resources available to the three managers in question, I believe that  ours will come out on top regardless of what the others do. Our destiny is still very much in our own hands.

I agree that it won't be an overnight transformation. It doesn't need to be. We'll have four months to claw back the deficit. I think that's enough providing we sustain the improvement we've shown in the last few weeks. At least we have a reason for optimism now.

Or hubris, as Branchton might call it.  8)

I'm not sure " messes up" is the term I'd use. Your someone(s) in question may do well, but that won't matter if we do better. Given the experience, knowledge and resources available to the three managers in question, I believe that  ours will come out on top regardless of what the others do. Our destiny is still very much in our own hands.
I agree that it won't be an overnight transformation. It doesn't need to be. We'll have four months to claw back the deficit. I think that's enough providing we sustain the improvement we've shown in the last few weeks. At least we have a reason for optimism now.
Or hubris, as Branchton might call it.  8)

We can only hope

Archived