Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The back three are getting better by every week. Dirty Quitango who is raved about did not get an inch and lost the place because of it. Robson and Kidd were good but when you don’t have a striker of any sort to feed it is hard. Midfield were okay with Paton being the best. What is the point of Sammut? We fought for that point and gained it with no real capable strikers. Did I see right and Haber won a few headers! Lewis is poor but tries and that is all I can say positive about him. Dallison as I suggested looked better up front. Think if he was properly coached in that position he would be more use to us. A reverse Yogi. Nearer January and have taken 5 points from last 12 which is a lot more than anybody would have though we could achieve.
We are still crap though!

I have actually yet to see Quitongo have a decent game against us, seen him have decent games and goals on TV just never live against us.

I seriously had to put my hand up and say Haber had a good game today, still long term not what we need but credit where it's due.

Lewis had a thankless task today but to get any success out of him we really should be looking at through balls or over the top for him to run on to and not balls in the air or to his feet, we all know his first touch is poor.

The beauty of Dallison up top is he can't cause the loss of a goal ( I think) he had decent pace but he isn't brave enough, which maybe explains his weakness at the back, he bottled out a few things, especially the one he got injured where he should've cleared the ball and the player, his half heartedness into the challenge seen him injured and the Patrick player.

The pleasing factor is we came back from a goal down, we are another week closer to January and Caldwell's interview on Radio Scotland

Get a grip.

It is about opinions.

Do you think we would have played any different with the three missing playing? I don't. It is criminal to watch. When we showed a little ambition second half we actually showed on occasions we could trouble them. It is too defensive IMO

It is about opinions.

Do you think we would have played any different with the three missing playing? I don't. It is criminal to watch. When we showed a little ambition second half we actually showed on occasions we could trouble them. It is too defensive IMO
Not seeing how you could think we wouldnt be any different with our best midfielder and the two guys who are essential to our current attacking style/method. We desperately (and sadly) rely on those two.

Aside from that though, Ray has said it will be like this (I know he wasnt going to predict total football) in order to get points. Its a grim watch, but one thing Ray has done is deliver what he said which is to find a way to get competitive and scrape points, keeping in touch until January.

I think hats have to come off to Ray for that. Our thread is full to the brim with comments about getting no points pre January and maybe being too far behind.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is about opinions.

At this moment, all I care about is getting points on the board. We’re in a serious relegation battle here, it’s no the time for atttactive football, it’s about getting out this dark hole that Hartley has left us in.

The whole smaller squad idea has bit us on the arse big time we dont have any sort of depth  and are right to the bare bones the thing is with what the 5 we released would they have made any difference to the team had they stayed in the first place.

10 hours ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I think the one thing that can be put to bed is that going down south for players isn’t the absolute solution to problems in future. 

Agreed. Shopping for players in England doesn't make sense. There is more money in English football than there has ever been therefore we can only afford the dregs. Getting some youngsters on loan from Championship/PL clubs is the best we can get from down south (altough Sammut would appear to contradict this).

We should simply be big enough to attract better Scottish-based players than the likes of Morton, QOS etc.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Agreed. Shopping for players in England doesn't make sense. There is more money in English football than there has ever been therefore we can only afford the dregs. Getting some youngsters on loan from Championship/PL clubs is the best we can get from down south (altough Sammut would appear to contradict this).

We should simply be big enough to attract better Scottish-based players than the likes of Morton, QOS etc.

Totally disagree, Players can fall through the cracks and you can get class acts like Vaulks,  Leahy and dare I say Tommy Robson. 

We just fucked up with scouting, the logic behind it was sound, we signed crap players. Shouldn’t we sign Premier League players because Haber is awful? 

8 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Totally disagree, Players can fall through the cracks and you can get class acts like Vaulks,  Leahy and dare I say Tommy Robson. 

We just fucked up with scouting, the logic behind it was sound, we signed crap players. Shouldn’t we sign Premier League players because Haber is awful? 

You disagree that more money in English football means less chance of quality leaving for other leagues? Fair enough.

i admit there is the occasional gem but you're quoting players who were never part of a truly successful side, regardless of how good they were. There are players, on our doorstep, who could win us this league and I'd rather concentrate on identifying them as I argue there is simply less risk involved.

Haber isn't an awful footballer, he has a decent pedigree but just doesn't give a toss about us. 

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

You disagree that more money in English football means less chance of quality leaving for other leagues? Fair enough.

i admit there is the occasional gem but you're quoting players who were never part of a truly successful side, regardless of how good they were. There are players, on our doorstep, who could win us this league and I'd rather concentrate on identifying them as I argue there is simply less risk involved.

Haber isn't an awful footballer, he has a decent pedigree but just doesn't give a toss about us. 

Sammuts interview yesterday tells a lot saying its his first time playing mans football and adjusting to the game more the fact he isnt given more time on the ball, he still has a lot to learn the downside in he is playing in a team where we really dont have the ability to have any passengers/liabilities.

At this moment, all I care about is getting points on the board. We’re in a serious relegation battle here, it’s no the time for atttactive football, it’s about getting out this dark hole that Hartley has left us in.

My point is I think he has set us up too negatively. A little more ambition yesterday and v Ayr would have got us more IMO. I am not advocating or expecting 1970 Brazil

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My point is I think he has set us up too negatively. A little more ambition yesterday and v Ayr would have got us more IMO. I am not advocating or expecting 1970 Brazil

Just as well, they are all about 75 now...

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Sammuts interview yesterday tells a lot saying its his first time playing mans football and adjusting to the game more the fact he isnt given more time on the ball, he still has a lot to learn the downside in he is playing in a team where we really dont have the ability to have any passengers/liabilities.

This is an example of the risk I'm talking about. We've already shown we can attract the brightest and best coaching talent from our own level so we need to do the same with playing staff (not exclusively, there should also be room for the occassional 'find').

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

More money means they get the pick of the world not just England. Players like Chris Smalling and Jamie Vardy slipped through the nets and played non league. Seen many players at the World Cup who played for lower league Scottish clubs? 

This sounds mental, but I prefer us signing a guy like Dennon Lewis to a guy like Alex Harris. 

16 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

More money means they get the pick of the world not just England. Players like Chris Smalling and Jamie Vardy slipped through the nets and played non league. Seen many players at the World Cup who played for lower league Scottish clubs? 

This sounds mental, but I prefer us signing a guy like Dennon Lewis to a guy like Alex Harris. 

At the end of the day neither are good enough so bad signings irrespective of where they came from.

I think you are in the main being unrealistic about what players are on in the South and how far ahead they are now in terms of cash. For example when you have Lincoln City paying £3k/week to lower league jobbers that is what we are up against. There will be the odd gem and the odd gem that we will pick up but even they are fewer than they were 5 years ago IMO.

I am not really sure what the answer is. Where they come from however I couldn’t really care about. I think the Loan market has to be one area to get some quality which we may get short term value.

Archived