Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I see Jamie Sneddon started for partick 

today 

how is he doing ?

He only played today because Cammy Bell picked up an injury in the warmup. There really wasn’t much to judge him on in this game, and he’s barely played other than possibly a couple of League Cup group games.

Hopefully he’ll get more of a chance in the upcoming games because Bell has been a very underwhelming signing.

Once again find myself agreeing with Edibairn here.

Cant believe anyone is moaning about a point today.

I thought we were a fuckin embarrassment. I get the way we have to play but it is horrific to watch. We don’t look like losing many but the lack of ambition to even come over the halfway line is not acceptable for me

Honestly struggling to work out how Falkirk fans think they were worth a point.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I thought we were a fuckin embarrassment. I get the way we have to play but it is horrific to watch. We don’t look like losing many but the lack of ambition to even come over the halfway line is not acceptable for me
Wasnt there, but missing Rudden, Petra and Prince... I certainly wouldnt have pitched up expecting a feast for the eyeballs (lol)

We are bottom. Ray has spelled put how its going to be. I expect us to scrap like f**k, up until recently, I didnt feel like I had the right to expect any points, and today even with those 3 out we got one. In the context of it all, I am happy.

Mckinnon knows full well we have to pee with the willie we have until January, he's stated many times  it won't be pretty and wel have to dig in for results. . Yet still we have deluded 'fans'moaning we should be playing attacking football, irrespective of the personnel. No pleasing some folk.

It was a decent 4 points from last 2 games. Keep in touch till January and see what happens. 

Mckinnon knows full well we have to pee with the willie we have until January, he's stated many times  it won't be pretty and wel have to dig in for results. . Yet still we have deluded 'fans'moaning we should be playing attacking football, irrespective of the personnel. No pleasing some folk.
It was a decent 4 points from last 2 games. Keep in touch till January and see what happens. 
100% this

I think the one thing that can be put to bed is that going down south for players isn’t the absolute solution to problems in future. Maybe add a few to bolster a squad but it shows that being lazy, as some (me included) have said before regarding recruitment, may actually not be a bad idea after all (Hearts/Hibs fringe players etc). Looking back, a spine of McGhee, Muirhead (in his right position), Taiwo and (some creativity) Longridge would’ve been better.

Honestly struggling to work out how Falkirk fans think they were worth a point.

Because we scored the same amount of goals maybe?

There was not a lot in the game at all. Thistle had more of the play but done f**k all with it and we defended well. Neither team had anything going forward.

Don’t know what you’re expecting tbh. We’re already fucking shite and then to also be missing our best midfielder and only 2 attacking options then we really couldn’t do anything else today.

At the moment our game is (quite rightly imo) based around being solid at the back and looking to nick something on the counter. Any other system with this squad of players as we’ve seen will see us get scudded every week and tbh as long as we keep picking up points at the moment I couldn’t give a single f**k what style of football we play.

Agreed it’s not the best to watch but we have to put up with this until the manager can make the necessary changes in January.

The embarrassment came with the shite signed in the summer not with how McKinnon has to use them to scrape together a few points.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Get a grip.

14 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

This missing key players chat is cringe as f**k. 

Worst of it is your own team support are more annoyed about the fact that you couldn't beat a Falkirk team missing key players more than we were for missing them in the first place.

Archived