Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

A lot of heat going to Caldwell for what he says to the press. You get loyalty from players by not hanging them out to dry in the media. There is no way Caldwell is saying to the dressing room that they were outstanding. I'm fairly sure he's trying to take the pressure off players by singing their praises. Caldwell is a smart man, I think. 

My ITK cousin has told me that Caldwell lambasted McGinty for his performance against Morton (before hooking him at half time), so I reckon he's just doing the Strachan-esque interview and just feeding the media shite. 

He said at his interview that the squad is unbalanced and demotivated, and will need additions in January. I don't reckon he's as deluded as is thought on this forum. I'll reserve judgement until after the window.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, a word for the Falkirk 'fans' booing Haber on to the pitch- f**k off and don't come back. 

Yes, he's not been good enough at all, but the last thing we need at the moment is fans abusing players during matches. 

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Also, a word for the Falkirk 'fans' booing Haber on to the pitch- f**k off and don't come back. 

Yes, he's not been good enough at all, but the last thing we need at the moment is fans abusing players during matches. 

Who are you and what have you done with Sheps?

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I didn't hear Haber getting Booed on the park but i heard the Thistle player getting booed off you sure your not imagining it ?

3 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Agree the last thing we need is ‘fans’ turning on the team.

Thats not going to help anyone.

13 minutes ago, velo army said:

A lot of heat going to Caldwell for what he says to the press. You get loyalty from players by not hanging them out to dry in the media. There is no way Caldwell is saying to the dressing room that they were outstanding. I'm fairly sure he's trying to take the pressure off players by singing their praises. Caldwell is a smart man, I think. 

My ITK cousin has told me that Caldwell lambasted McGinty for his performance against Morton (before hooking him at half time), so I reckon he's just doing the Strachan-esque interview and just feeding the media shite. 

He said at his interview that the squad is unbalanced and demotivated, and will need additions in January. I don't reckon he's as deluded as is thought on this forum. I'll reserve judgement until after the window.

Good point mate. A lot of Thistle fans moan about interviews (then complain when they cant see them on Jagzone). The support is grating at times. 

Then again I didn't clap them off when folk were acting like we won the game.

I think I'm out of tune with Thistle at the moment.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Good point mate. A lot of Thistle fans moan about interviews (then complain when they cant see them on Jagzone). The support is grating at times. 

Then again I didn't clap them off when folk were acting like we won the game.

I think I'm out of tune with Thistle at the moment.

Aye fans put too much stock in interviews. People still bring up Strachan's genetics interview as if it gives an insight into how he really thinks. Strachan saw his task with the press as something to get out of the way, but he never once trusted them. His aim would be to give them mundane shite so that they wouldn't have headlines, or if the performance was bad he gave them something outrageous to write that distracted from the performance. It was his M.O.

Caldwell speaks to Strachan on the phone at least once a week, so it's almost certain that Strachan has given him advice on how to handle the press. 

Being out of step with other fans is fine. We're not a monolith. Being part of the crowd but still retaining your individual feelings and opinions is the sane thing to do.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

There’s a balance to be struck between managing the press and just flat out losing credibility. I don’t think Caldwell is coming even close to striking it.

The Club needs to be openly realistic about where it finds itself. That means manager and the corporate side/board. The fans deserve more than platitudes and for everything of non-panicked substance to be put behind a £5.99 a month Chinese wall.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Aye fans put too much stock in interviews. People still bring up Strachan's genetics interview as if it gives an insight into how he really thinks. Strachan saw his task with the press as something to get out of the way, but he never once trusted them. His aim would be to give them mundane shite so that they wouldn't have headlines, or if the performance was bad he gave them something outrageous to write that distracted from the performance. It was his M.O.

Caldwell speaks to Strachan on the phone at least once a week, so it's almost certain that Strachan has given him advice on how to handle the press. 

Being out of step with other fans is fine. We're not a monolith. Being part of the crowd but still retaining your individual feelings and opinions is the sane thing to do.

Not buying this at all.

Caldwell isn’t holding the media in contempt in the way Strachan does. He’s just spouting utter pish. And more importantly, he’s spouting the pish on the same terms to the media as he is to the Club’s own media. It all reeks of someone who is out of his depth.

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

with buaben Muirhead Rudden and pertravicious out a draw was a decent result. were not creating much but playing like a team. also fans and players gelling. I'd like to think McKinnon is better than Caldwell and well continue to improve quicker

ray is better by a country mile

34 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Not buying this at all.

Caldwell isn’t holding the media in contempt in the way Strachan does. He’s just spouting utter pish. And more importantly, he’s spouting the pish on the same terms to the media as he is to the Club’s own media. It all reeks of someone who is out of his depth.

I was watching him during the match and I would agree. He got involved in a petty little exchange with the Falkirk backroom staff and he got all huffy. I think Thistle are on to a loser with him. I’m not saying he’s not got a role to play in football but maybe not management.

We more than deserved the point & Caldwell’s post match crying is laughable.

Being honest, had we had Petravicious, Rudden & Buaben playing I think we’d have won that today.

Another massive well done to the fans too, another 4,500+ crowd and bottom of the league. Fair play to the 800 students from Glasgow too.

Archived