Falkirk vs Partick Thistle - Doomed Derby

17 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Aye very true about his shooting. I'm just desperate to limit the Haber/Lewis inclusion to just one of them.

The trouble with the Lewis/Haber combo is one will run about like a daftie and the other will stand about like a daftie so in a sense there is an element of balance we end up with the same result though (no shots on goal)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2018 at 20:30, GMBairn said:

Wouldn't be too shocked if we ended up losing 1-0 to a ridiculous goalkeeping or defensive lapse right enough.

Nah if anyone is losing this due to ridiculous goalkeeping we have this well covered recently. 

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just continuing the love-in from last week.

That being said, seeing the wee team get turned over by Stenny would also be a laugh.

I thought Saturday was just a blip. Things must be really bad if you need the toffee munchers to fight your battles for you. 

Hope things improve, don't like to see your club in this state.

22 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I thought Saturday was just a blip. Things must be really bad if you need the toffee munchers to fight your battles for you. 

Hope things improve, don't like to see your club in this state.

We've scored two goals at EEP this season - it was far from a blip.

Pretty convinced Stenny will beat Falkirk in the Scottish Cup next week.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We've scored two goals at EEP this season - it was far from a blip.

Pretty convinced Stenny will beat Falkirk in the Scottish Cup next week.

A month ago I would've backed them myself butI'm hoping our new-found defensive organisation, added to an improving midfield, will see us through it with at least a draw.

Pretty much the same as this coming Saturday.

My concern here is there is no way Falkirk can be as bad as they were at Firhill and have chucked at least 3 or 4 of the players that lined up that day, if not freed then at least benched / bombed from the squad. That Froxy guy that came on as a sub and the big lump Mackin up front were hilariously unfit, but have now gone.

We were pretty pish as well, but we've got worse. Somehow. 3 away league wins in 23 months.  Can only hope that Erskine is back to fitness as he loves a a goal against Falkirk, that's really all I've got.

Falkirk look like they have nothing up front, but to be honest, they could easily score from a cross or a set piece and that might be enough. They will be a different team to the one we beat. Much the same personnel save for one or two, but I can't imagine McKinnon will be playing right footed cb's at left back or strikers on the wing like Hartley did that day, and  they definitely seem to have tightened up since.

Falkirk look like they have nothing up front, but to be honest, they could easily score from a cross or a set piece and that might be enough. They will be a different team to the one we beat. Much the same personnel save for one or two, but I can't imagine McKinnon will be playing right footed cb's at left back or strikers on the wing like Hartley did that day, and  they definitely seem to have tightened up since.

We have something upfront but unfortunately they are on international duty. What you will have to defend against is basically people who are heading for the out door probably so we will need our midfield to be more effective. Petra who was roundly slated by most of our support is now a bit of a favourite. Rudden who is on loan from a new club based in Glasgow is a player with a big future if he continues to develop. Haber is a wage thief and Lewis runs a lot but nobody knows where he is going not even him

Archived