The Meh Derby - 24/11/2018 - When Juggernauts collide

Ali v Frazier

The Superbowl

The Junior Cup Final

None of these events come close to what has to be the biggest meh derby in 20 years.  I fear there actually may be a tectonic plate shift in Perth when this gets underway.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fide said:

Ali v Frazier

The Superbowl

The Junior Cup Final

None of these events come close to what has to be the biggest meh derby in 20 years.  I fear there actually may be a tectonic plate shift in Perth when this gets underway.

If there isn’t at least one volcanic eruption I’ll be devastated tbh. 

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I was at a wedding that day so missed it, but I seem to recall we had Jason Kerr in central midfield and Comrie against Jordan Jones. A bad day at the office compounded by some bizarre selections looks to be the crux of it. 

What I would say though is that our lofty position in the league may have come as a surprise to other supporters, but there was a general belief amongst the Saints support before the season started, we strengthened well and after our deadline day signing of Swanson I’d suggest a lot of Saints fans would have envisaged us competing with Kilmarnock this season. 

Kerr went centre midfield for 10 mins or so in the second half,  we played with a back 5 up until then. We went looking for the draw and pumped high hopeful balls upto Watt everytime we gained possession. It was awful.  Spoony played central which is not his best position. Comrie did ok first half but got roasted second half by Jones.

A very poor performance and tactics by a new group of players who hadn't bedded in yet.

This fixture is the biggest game on that weekend, as the rest are mainly a top 6 side v bottom 6 contest,  so whoever loses could slide a few places with teams around us probably picking up points.

My hope for this game coming up is that all our first choice players are fit, and we play the way we've been playing lately. By far our toughest test since the Celtic match, as killie are a tough side to break down.  Should be a cracker.

These are the attendances for the last 5 McDiarmid Park league encounters between the sides. Don’t think I’ve missed any out:

I’ll be disappointed if we can’t break 4000 given the circumstances. The team deserves a good home backing.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

These are the attendances for the last 5 McDiarmid Park league encounters between the sides. Don’t think I’ve missed any out:

I’ll be disappointed if we can’t break 4000 given the circumstances. The team deserves a good home backing.

14 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Could well be the first home game I attend in ages. It should be marketed as another “blue and white day.” Potential to get loads of folk along to a game that would normally be poorly attended.

Hmmm.

Hmmm.

Nothing wrong with what I’ve said there Tam, money’s tight and everyone should know by now my opinion on pricing for home games. That said, there is definitely incentive for me to go to this game (reasons being in your quote) and I feel that other fair weather Saintees should be looking at this fixture and aiming to go. It’s the most excited I’ve been for a home game in a long long time.

Last night I tried explaining how massive this game is to a bemused group of my other half's pals.

They didn't get it.

Women are shite. 

Unlike Kilmarnock and St Johnstone, who are both fucking #immense RN. 

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s about 1850 I think.

The end section of the Main will be almost another 900. 

That will be plenty for killie I’d expect. 

The OF get the opposite end Stand as well, giving a total of 4600.

In the 3rd place League decider second last game of the season in 1997(?), we brought over 3000 down to rugby park in a crowd of near 16000.  

That’s your challenge. :)

You never had 3000 as we had a section of the away end that day.

We’ve played rotten against Killie since the first game of last season. Confident we won’t be that bad again, so this is a game that should genuinely hold interest for Scottish football. Two teams, high in the league, playing good football and challenging the so called “big boys”. So it’ll be a passing note to everyone in the media.

I’m looking forward to it. Our run will end at some point, but so long as we play well and with the same swagger then there’s no reason to believe it’ll be this match. I’m going to predict a 0-0 draw though, cause I never do that.

Having Stewart and Brophy back will be a big bonus. We've desparately missed the mobility up front in the past few games - Boyd is a nuisance but it was painful watching him try and put pressure on the Hearts back line on Saturday. Despite how well St Johnstone are doing I'm quite confident of sneaking this by a goal. I reckon whoever wins the midfield will win this and we've got Alan Power so we win the midfield by default.

5 minutes ago, Coooombe said:

Having Stewart and Brophy back will be a big bonus. We've desparately missed the mobility up front in the past few games - Boyd is a nuisance but it was painful watching him try and put pressure on the Hearts back line on Saturday. Despite how well St Johnstone are doing I'm quite confident of sneaking this by a goal. I reckon whoever wins the midfield will win this and we've got Alan Power so we win the midfield by default.

Power and Dicker vs Davidson and Craig should be some laugh.

Archived