The Meh Derby - 24/11/2018 - When Juggernauts collide

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s about 1850 I think.

The end section of the Main will be almost another 900. 

That will be plenty for killie I’d expect. 

The OF get the opposite end Stand as well, giving a total of 4600.

In the 3rd place League decider second last game of the season in 1997(?), we brought over 3000 down to rugby park in a crowd of near 16000.  

That’s your challenge. :)

I can see us bringing nearly 3000  as wee did at Aberdeen but there is no chance StJohnstone will supply the other 13000 Or indeed the other 7000 that would make it a sell out .

Thats your challenge :) 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I can see us bringing nearly 3000  as wee did at Aberdeen but there is no chance StJohnstone will supply the other 13000 Or indeed the other 7000 that would make it a sell out .

Sadly you’re right. If killie bring 3000, we’d be lucky to get a crowd of 6000.

5 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

Sorry mate but there is no way we will bring 3,000 fans to Perth!

1 minute ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I know it’s unlikely but my point was that it’s , unfortunately, more likely than 6000 St J fans turning up to watch 2 of the best in form teams at the moment 

Worth noting we had over that at McDiarmid for a European tie, but that was heavily subsidised by neutrals.

Can easy see a crowd approaching 7k for this game, if it's marketed right, and the Scotland games don't murder everyone's enthusiasm for football like the tend too.

1 minute ago, killiemilan said:

Superb crowd of 2,175 today at Macfarmer Stadium!

I'm totally unconvinced that was the actual crowd today.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm totally unconvinced that was the actual crowd today.

It is incredible that our two teams do not generate greater support. Not always sure how accurately crowds are reported and what they include? Some clubs include ALL season ticket numbers no matter how many turn up. Some also include the free tickets they distribute to schools,boys clubs etc. and some of the clubs only include thoes who actually have entered and paid. There is no doubt both Killie and St Johnstone deserve bigger crowds than we achieve at present.

45 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

A tad optimistic for our away support. I'd say probably 1500-1800......

8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Comrie and friends try to stop Jordan Jones.

Thankfully, we'll actually have a right back for this.

Also, we'll have Swanson for this too, so that'll be a huge option we can bring off the bench.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth noting we had over that at McDiarmid for a European tie, but that was heavily subsidised by neutrals.

Can easy see a crowd approaching 7k for this game, if it's marketed right, and the Scotland games don't murder everyone's enthusiasm for football like the tend too.

Unfortunately I’m with Ali here that anything over 3000 Saints fans would be good right now.

After a fairly entertaining first home match v Dundee and the excitement of our summer signings, I thought our next home games v hibs and Aberdeen would generate good home supports.

Don’t think either were over 2500 (home only) for fairly attractive fixtures.

Agree that east stand felt a bit busier today, maybe it was by a wee bit, as st Mirren brought around 700 through so even smaller home support 2 weeks ago.

Would like to see a push in the week prior to this game. Blue & white day, encourage every supporter to bring at least one extra Saints fan along etc.

What's happened that St Johnstone are doing so well this season? In the opening game of the season you looked hopeless, truly hopeless.

We've been getting lots of praise, while St Johnstone seem to have just quietly been gathering points and are now only 1 behind us. It's come as a surprise for me, given how woeful you guys were that day. Anyone or anything in particular responsible for the turnaround in fortunes?

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

What's happened that St Johnstone are doing so well this season? In the opening game of the season you looked hopeless, truly hopeless.

We've been getting lots of praise, while St Johnstone seem to have just quietly been gathering points and are now only 1 behind us. It's come as a surprise for me, given how woeful you guys were that day. Anyone or anything in particular responsible for the turnaround in fortunes?

You’ll find out in a fortnight 

10 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

We’re not lining up 5-4-1 any more and Aaron Comrie is consigned to a place in the stand. We’ve found a good balance in the team generally and our attacking players have gelled. All of this on top of the fact we’ve only conceded 7 goals in 11 matches against non-old firm teams has helped swift us up the table. Killie are a different kettle of fish to diddies like Hamilton and St Mirren right enough. 

I’d put a one legged mallard in ahead of Comrie. 

Get him and Craig Thomson in and get Wright sacked. #Stjohnstonebanterhottakes

Gutted this games two weeks away. Some difficult decisions for Wright to make again.

Guest Moomintroll

This thread has been derailed by all this football talk, time to get it back on track. If we leave there with a single Perthshire c**t still standing then we have failed, no prisoners, it's time to finish them off once and for all.

Archived