The Meh Derby - 24/11/2018 - When Juggernauts collide

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You can sing versions of the same song without singing the song that is most associated with right wing, sectarian, anti Catholic sentiment in Scotland. You shouldn’t be singing it, it’s a complete embarrassment for you. 

You do realise that ,when the Saints go marching in, is a religious song? Marching through Georgia however is not. Does that make your song the bigger embarrassment?

The only two things that  frustrated me about yesterday's game were the two Willies.

Collum. Miller.

A right couple of willies.

With Collum he somehow manages to enrage both sets of fans with his utterly random decisions. For some reason yesterday pulling players back was not a yellow card despite it ALWAYS being a yellow card. Just makes his own wee rules up.

As for Willie Miller. What a miserable sod. For a nil nil I really enjoyed the game. Both teams going for it, end to end for 90 mins. The defences were superb but both teams kept trying and got players forward. We should be talking up our game nor describing it as dross just because there were no goals. I was entertained and I'm sure most who attended were. Fud.

One thing I will say though. Was surprised how direct Killie were. 90% of the time they went high and long to Boyd, who Jason Kerr absolutely dominated. Expected them to play more football. They improved when Jones came though so maybe it was just down to missing players. 

49 minutes ago, the west curve said:

You do realise that ,when the Saints go marching in, is a religious song? Marching through Georgia however is not. Does that make your song the bigger embarrassment?

If you're going to rise to this utter nonsense, try to make sense.

Disappointed by Steve Clarke btw, his soundbites after the game are a bit mental.

He's claimed Kilmarnock dominated and created far more chances, claimed Saints "didn't want to win" and is now saying Kilmarnock had a stone wall penalty turned down. 

Penalty incident is the one near the end when Boyd backed in to Shaughnessy and then threw himself down. The exact same thing he'd tried in the first half and been told off for.

Fwiw the only penalty should've been when Kane was absolutely wiped out when chasing a poor back pass, was favourite to get to the ball before a defender took him out.

And the swastika was a symbol of divinity back in the day. Wouldn’t wear it now cause I’m not a Nazi. I assume there’s a big number of Kilmarnock fans that hate the Killie boys cause of the connotations. You hear that and you think ***. 

I’d hate to be of the mindset of thinking about the old firm all the time.

12 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You can sing versions of the same song without singing the song that is most associated with right wing, sectarian, anti Catholic sentiment in Scotland. You shouldn’t be singing it, it’s a complete embarrassment for you. 

As a left wing Catholic I'll bear that in mind. 

Id concentrate on finding some fans to sing songs . Pathetic home support. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As "Old firm-y" a comment as you're ever likely to see. Dreadful stuff.

18 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As a left wing Catholic I'll bear that in mind. 

people having a go at our home support numbers should take note, utterly  pathetic home support yesterday !

On 24/11/2018 at 11:27, RandomGuy. said:

Probably best not to be gloating about the struggles of a young inexperienced right back, when you're likely to be playing one.

Football's got a habit of bringing things back around.

Cool story. 

Felt we had to make do given the injuries we had going in to the match and the ones picked up along the way. Stewart and Boyd didn't work particularly well together but hard to know what the alternative was.

Don't think Ndjoli has shown anything to merit a start and would far rather have had Jones on for the 90. 

Could have played all day and not scored. They're very good at defending in and around their box and we just couldn't make the right decisions to get through them. Stewart was the danger man but probably didn't give him it enough. How the keeper Clark kept out one of his shots I'll never know.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Disappointed by Steve Clarke btw, his soundbites after the game are a bit mental.

He's claimed Kilmarnock dominated and created far more chances, claimed Saints "didn't want to win" and is now saying Kilmarnock had a stone wall penalty turned down. 

Penalty incident is the one near the end when Boyd backed in to Shaughnessy and then threw himself down. The exact same thing he'd tried in the first half and been told off for.

Fwiw the only penalty should've been when Kane was absolutely wiped out when chasing a poor back pass, was favourite to get to the ball before a defender took him out.

^^^Load of shite^^^

Clearly your still seethin & making it up now.....

Steve Clarke feels Killie shaded the best parts off our draw with St Johnstone as we were held to a 0-0 draw in Perth.

Zander Clark produced a wonderful save to deny Greg Stewart while despite showing plenty of attacking intent, the final pass often let the visitors down on the day. 

Clarke said: "I think we probably shaded it on the balance of play. But the other thing I would say is that we didn't do enough in the final third.

"We got into some really good positions but we didn't do enough to work their goalkeeper often enough. Although, when we did work him, he made a hell of a save.

"But they will probably point to the one where the guy's cut in off the line and hit the post with the shot.

"I suppose three weeks ago, if you had said we would go to Tynecastle and to McDiarmid Park and take four points we probably would have settled for that."

Archived