Albion Rovers V Edinburgh City

Right...After a frustrating week the the circus has (thankfully!!!)  moved out of town.   

Hopefully we can get back to normal here, and I'll take a no frills 1-0 win for City.

Not heard any team news, but we could certainly do with Lairdy and Handling  back asap!

We once got a brick chucked at the Meadowbank Supporters Club bus on a visit to Cliftonhill. 

I don't think it was seething Rovers fans though, just local neds. 

Apropos of nothing here is the Coat of Arms of Coatbridge which I think is quite smart:

coatbridge.jpg.1b3913f5bb560fc0e985a8b61ba60f23.jpg

Guest Landan Spiv

Looking forward to our visit there tomorrow. Any Albion fans recommend a family friendly pub for away fans? Albion fans seemed a decent bunch when I spoke to a few on the opening day of the season. Score prediction 2-1 City 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We once got a brick chucked at the Meadowbank Supporters Club bus on a visit to Cliftonhill. 

Oh, I remember that! Some of the guys (not me) got off the bus and chased them but they got away.

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Apropos of nothing here is the Coat of Arms of Coatbridge which I think is quite smart:

coatbridge.jpg.1b3913f5bb560fc0e985a8b61ba60f23.jpg

My old school badge- Coatbridge High School - which I left in 1970!

14 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

Looking forward to our visit there tomorrow. Any Albion fans recommend a family friendly pub for away fans? Albion fans seemed a decent bunch when I spoke to a few on the opening day of the season. Score prediction 2-1 City 

The Shark's Mouth.

Guest Landan Spiv

Thank god we come away with a win there. What a fantastic club Albion are though. Stewards were superb and the staff extremely friendly. We all made sure we put plenty in the buckets outside the ground also. Good luck for the rest of the season, hope you stay up 

I thought the team selection had a couple of surprises in it yesterday with GT and  Andy Black on the bench.   Any news why?

Was pleased  when  Blair got the winner,  and all the other results were in our favour as well.

Thought it was a fairly even game but Edinburgh just shaded it as Rovers were running on empty in the second half.

If Edinburgh get promotion this season they will look back at this kind of game as crucial. It's the scrappy winning goals that make the season not the spectacular ones hit ftom halfway and that's taking nothing away from Gerard's strike , it was superb.

Big game next week.

17 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

The midfielder's Handling, his teammate's Lairdy.

Thank God for that comma. Did you know Dumbarton had a midfield late last season of Gallagher, Handling, Dick?

To the game and EC just edged it for me too. However, we were much improved and there was bags of effort. The wonder strike was just that, with Gerard Hernando Escuriola not only sounding like a footballer, he plays like one too.

We've still got quite a few guys out of their depth but they're grafting hard to bridge the gap. Berwick next week is utterly crucial.

Archived