Sign in to follow this  
Herman Hessian

Boca Juniors v River Plate - Copa Libertadores final

now - this could be worth watching !

first leg tomorrow evening (10.11) - looks like an 8:00pm (our time) kick off; return a fortnight later

Boca v River: the Libertadores final South America has waited 58 years for

Boca Juniors v River Plate: the fiercest rivalry in football

bit of a shame that there will be no away fans allowed at either match - I would have thought that the entertainment and edification of vicarious viewers the world over should have been put over and above trifles like safety, security and keeping the body count down to single figures...

12 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

bit of a shame that there will be no away fans allowed at either match

Definitely the way forward for some fixtures :unsure2:

Marcelo Bielsa's thoughts on the game:-

Will you be watching Boca Juniors vs River Plate this weekend? What is it like to be involved as a coach in a game like that?

It’s the dream game. Everyone dreams of this kind of game.

Because you have the aspiration of winning this game. In this kind of game you have emotions that you want to leave.

FreeSports & BT Sports both showing this. 

Watched Boca last week as they were the final part of a bet I had. Football was bloody woeful. 

Two house mates got into a heated arguement ( excuse the pun ) one river plate the other Boca juniors fan. One then proceeded to set the house on fire...... the rivalry is real.

Great game to watch. Saw this at el Monumental in 2016. Saw Boca v Racing at la Bombonera the week before. There were no away fans at either game then too. Didn't matter. The atmosphere at both was something else. I've never seen anything like it. 

16 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Two house mates got into a heated arguement ( excuse the pun ) one river plate the other Boca juniors fan. One then proceeded to set the house on fire...... the rivalry is real.

while ill be watching this game(or recording it,im working) its basically the argentine old firm with all the pish that entails,im sure the "banter" is excruciating and that everyone else in argentine footy finds them all extremely tiresome

Quite often watch the stuff from South America on the bookie sites (give me a bit of random Peruvian...), industrial and skilful all in one.

15 minutes ago, Briannmataxi said:

Game postponed until tomorrow due to torrential rain. 

7pm kick off tomorrow. 

IMG_20181110_183603.jpg

IMG_20181110_184306.jpg

Bugger, I actually had time to watch it this afternoon, is that 7 PM tomorrow Buenos Aires time?

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Bugger, I actually had time to watch it this afternoon, is that 7 PM tomorrow Buenos Aires time?

UK time. 

Fantastic!! Been watching a lot of Argentinian football lately and wanted to watch this but Saturday night is all about getting bladdered after a long week working. I’ll sure be tuning in tomorrow night. 

Pitch looks great considering. Who's on what for this? Freesports or BT? Freesports for me, commentator seems to know the South American scene more plus I like to support & encourage the freebie! 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

I love the South American commentators for that, agreed the River goalie has to do better there

River have missed a fair few decent chances here. Boca have looked pretty mince apart from the goal.