Brechin V Farfar

21 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Seems to be little interest in this one :dontknow: lets see how our new managers sets up the team tomorrow, our injury problems seem to coming back another forward out injured this week

Thought we were unlucky at Station Park:fishing: 

Mon the City

Been better editing the thread title rather than your post?

Whilst Hendry has contributed little of late and I’d have Boris starting ahead of him regardless, it’s disappointing that he’s out for so long. Leaves us short of strikers and doesn’t really give us much attacking options from the bench.

Cautiously optimistic ahead of tomorrow despite recent poor form. Hope we turn up for a derby for once.

Good luck Barry and Stevie.

48 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:
4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:
The sun is out , the wind has dropped and it's derby day.  First time in a while I have felt really optimistic about a game.  Can't really see anything other than a Brechin win.   2-0 Brechin with a Boris hat-trick. 

You had to curse it didn't you

Losing to Farfar is never an option. 

Not much left to say about this other than what an utter shambles.
Controlled the first 20 minutes or so, then the referee bottles a sending off for the elbow on Ross Meechan.

Win a penalty and what a shocker of a penalty it was from Dylan.
After that the heads drop and Brechin strolled into the lead, worst 90 minutes i’ve seen in a while.

Man of the match for Brechin must have been the referee? Giving them absolutely everything.

On to next week.

Controlled the first 20 minutes or so, then the referee bottles a sending off for the elbow on Ross Meechan.

After that the heads drop and Brechin strolled into the lead, worst 90 minutes i’ve seen in a while.

Man of the match for Brechin must have been the referee? Giving them absolutely everything.

On to next week.
The ref was shit but hardly to blame for our lack of defensive abilities, that was all our own doing.

Better team won on the day, though on another day said team would have been playing with 10 men for the bulk of it.

Easton our only player to receive pass marks. Hill surprisingly quiet and Reilly dropped right out the game after a very late foul by the No8 that remarkably went by without a card. Second worst foul of the day, one of which saw a raft of cards to both sides by the ref.

On to next week.

:lol:

34 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

On to next week.

A strange game really. First half end to end with Jacko being the main difference although we finished much the stronger  side. Second half must have been 80% Forfar possession but playing like they were 3-0 up instead of losing. Forfar woeful in our penalty area. Thought the ref was pretty equal in his decision making especially  not booking Forfar players a couple of times - once when hands were raised right in front of him. No mention from our neighbours for their team disgracefully not returning the ball from the unconrested bounce  up! How good is Jacko!!

35 minutes ago, OldRed said:

A strange game really. First half end to end with Jacko being the main difference although we finished much the stronger  side. Second half must have been 80% Forfar possession but playing like they were 3-0 up instead of losing. Forfar woeful in our penalty area. Thought the ref was pretty equal in his decision making especially  not booking Forfar players a couple of times - once when hands were raised right in front of him. No mention from our neighbours for their team disgracefully not returning the ball from the unconrested bounce  up! How good is Jacko!!

Good summary. 

Difference was the management .  Barry and Stevie were constantly telling the defence not to sit too deep and keep their shape.  It was obvious that the game plan in the second half was to sit in and try to hit them on the break.  This eventually paid off when we got the 4th  .

Strange that with a little bit of guidance from the side the defence looked well organised.   We never looked like conceding today at all.    Hopefully this is something we can build on in the weeks to come. 

I thought it was a thoroughly professional performance all round.   All credit to Barry and Stevie for that. 

Oh and by the way , we just fucked Farfar 4-0 !!!!  :thumsup2

On to next week.
🤣🤣[emoji1038]

Archived