Brechin V Farfar

I didn't boo them at the end, I just wanted to go home. My enthusiasm had gone by the time the fourth went in. I think the players and management owe the travelling fans an apology. We turned up but the team didn't.

Our defence was a shambles again, I've said this before, individually they are very good players but collectively they don't seem to function. We probably won the midfield today but ran out of ideas up front especially as everything went through Easton who went back to being a  petulant ball greedy child again. I know he's very skilled and certainly has his fans but I find him infuriating. Spark and the other defender had the measure of him but we couldn't find another route. 

I won't mention the woeful referee as it's just what we've come to expect in lower league Scottish football.

Well done Brechin, Smith and Campbell, you handled us better than we should have allowed. Special mention to Andy Jackson, strong, focused and direct. No showing off like our front line.

10 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I didn't boo them at the end, I just wanted to go home. My enthusiasm had gone by the time the fourth went in. I think the players and management owe the travelling fans an apology. We turned up but the team didn't.

I would say welcome to our world.  ................But until you have travelled the length of  the country  in the vain hope of a win  for a full season then all sympathy is withheld !   

One defeat  after the run you have had merits no apology .............................As for the travelling ? 12 miles  ?  :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I would say welcome to our world.  ................But until you have travelled the length of  the country  in the vain hope of a win  for a full season then all sympathy is withheld !   

One defeat  after the run you have had merits no apology .............................As for the travelling ? 12 miles  ?  :rolleyes:

Fair play.

Football is a game of fine margins. If the pen goes in , game on, it didn't and we were on the  end of a doing.

The team we put out is probably our strongest including the back 4. We came into the game on the back of 3 wins on the bounce and should write this result off as a bad day at the office.

We have winnable home games coming up.

Onwards and upwards.

1 minute ago, victormeldrew said:

Fair play.

Football is a game of fine margins. If the pen goes in , game on, it didn't and we were on the  end of a doing.

The team we put out is probably our strongest including the back 4. We came into the game on the back of 3 wins on the bounce and should write this result off as a bad day at the office.

We have winnable home games coming up.

Onwards and upwards.

Moore for Mackintosh - who is never a winger- and that is our strongest team. Agree with the rest, ten minutes of madness today.

Easton was our one and only threat, the stick he gets is utterly mental. Hilson again was terrible but barely a word is said. Strange.

Got to agree with the Easton comment. He hardly lost the ball today and caused real problems sucking in defenders and finding a team mate pretty much every time he had possession. Can't see the ball greedy thing in his play at all today or this season to be honest.

Baird and Hilson just weren't at the races constantly losing the ball.
I'd disagree, though, at having a pop at Hilson. As poor as he was today he never shirked responsibility and constantly looked for the ball.
Even when he doesn't play well he still causes problems for the defence.

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Got to agree with the Easton comment. He hardly lost the ball today and caused real problems sucking in defenders and finding a team mate pretty much every time he had possession. Can't see the ball greedy thing in his play at all today or this season to be honest.

Baird and Hilson just weren't at the races constantly losing the ball.
I'd disagree, though, at having a pop at Hilson. As poor as he was today he never shirked responsibility and constantly looked for the ball.
Even when he doesn't play well he still causes problems for the defence.

There just seems to be some double standards amongst parts of our support. Without Easton and Baird where would we be? Yet those two get targeted!? 

I like Dale but if we're playing 4-2-3-1 i'd rather see a Sutherland type as the main striker and move him out to the right.  Be good to get Aitken back for a different option.

There just seems to be some double standards amongst parts of our support. Without Easton and Baird where would we be? Yet those two get targeted!? 
I like Dale but if we're playing 4-2-3-1 i'd rather see a Sutherland type as the main striker and move him out to the right.  Be good to get Aitken back for a different option.
Baird, for me, disappears out of games and stops being a threat. Hilson always keeps the defence on their toes.

Matty is a big miss for us at the moment, given Baird, Hilson and Easton in the height department.

Well, well. 

F0r more than year we have been saying change the system and guess what Smith and Campbell did and guess what it worked, ok only game two for them but what a difference and with pretty much the same personnel.

First time in ages I have left the Glebe happy.

I feel like you fail to see that when we’re getting an absolute hiding mr hilson is the only one who still gives a s**t. I’d take Hilson over Sutherland any day.

Well, well. 
F0r more than year we have been saying change the system and guess what Smith and Campbell did and guess what it worked, ok only game two for them but what a difference and with pretty much the same personnel.
First time in ages I have left the Glebe happy.
Game one for Smith

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

9 points from 12 with 3 away fixtures out of 4 is pretty good. Shame about yesterday but just need to get over it and move on.

Sums most of this league up, a good three win run bookended by two of the worst defensive displays you are likely to see.

On 10/11/2018 at 23:12, theoriginalhedge said:

Ahh remember Hedgie , 12 miles is a epic trip because Forfar man doesn't need to  travel anywhere as Forfar has it all . Well nearly all .......no points on Saturday.

Right enough Bridie baiting , on to the game . I had the quivers for this one before the game as Forfar had won the last 3 in a row . New manager bounce aside i thought if we got a point we would be doing well. Fine save from Connor at the pen, that seemed to give us a real boost and when Jacko scored it was good to see us not sit back ( as we would have under Dods ) and go on to score another two. We sat back a bit second half , you can do that on a 3 goal lead.  Getting the forth was a great confidence boost for the guys. Hope this type of display is kept up.  Word on Dylan Easton , cant fathom the stick he gets on here as i thought he was your biggest threat. Very entertaining to watch even when he was turning Sparkie inside out. I would have him at the Glebe in a heart beat . Never mind on to next week and what will surely be a tougher task ( no disrespect Forfar ) trying to halt the runaway leaders . Hope the biggest club in Angus bring a huge support with them in what should be a good game .

Archived