Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

Just now, welshbairn said:

99% plus of characters on tv or the cinema are heterosexual. 

That may well be the case (although I have my doubts). But they don't actively shove their heterosexuality in your face. They simply are hetrosexuals and that's it. It should be no different for homosexuals. There is nothing special about being gay. It doesn't make somebody a better person than someone who isn't. There is no need for them to constantly remind everybody that they're gay.

11 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

This is a genuine question. Assuming it is not a choice, why are people now engaging in Pride marches etc? What is it that they are proud of?

It is the same as being good looking or ginger or tall if it is no choice

The point of Pride marches, in the beginning, was it was, at worst, illegal and, at best, socially frowned upon to be gay. The "pride" in being gay is not pride in a random combination of genes and hormones that direct your sexuality but pride in being open about that sexuality in a society that didn't tolerate it.

Some would argue that now that homosexuality is, for the most part, accepted then pride marches have had their day but homophobic crimes still exist (and appear to be rising but this might be due to more people reporting them and better policing) and, for the majority of the world, homosexuality is still illegal and taboo so there's a bit of a solidarity aspect to it.

Pride has never been about being LGBT but about being publicly LGBT.

Gay exams

Question 1

Rupert and Walter have hooked up on Grindr and have arranged to meet at Rupert's flat.  Walter is at work three miles south west of his flat and Rupert is five miles North.  If they each get a bus travelling at an average speed of 20 mph towards the flat, who will get there in time to buy the tube of KY?

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That may well be the case (although I have my doubts). But they don't actively shove their heterosexuality in your face. They simply are hetrosexuals and that's it. It should be no different for homosexuals. There is nothing special about being gay. It doesn't make somebody a better person than someone who isn't. There is no need for them to constantly remind everybody that they're gay.

What programs are you watching where the gay characters are constantly reminding people that they're gay?

8 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

My son - who is straight - returned from his freshers week recently wearing a badge claiming gays were 'Everyday heroes'. I mentioned this to his uncle who is gay and he found this idea ridiculous and really didn't want to be seen as different from anyone due to his sexuality.

As for LBGT lessons - fine with me but I can imagine some religious schools will have a big problem with the concept.

11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

It's not just that. In a world where "freedom of choice" is belted out constantly. As soon as you mention the subjection of homosexuality, you're instantly told "not a choice". Well if it's not a choice, then you need to ask yourselves why it's not a choice in this so called "freedom of choice" world we supposedly live in.

You really are a fucking tumshie aint ye?

You think biological facts goes against freedom of choice? WTF? I don't get the choose that I'm going bald or that I can roll my tongue. These are just accidents of biology like my sexual orientation.

What's important tho' is neither my receding follicles, my flexible tongue and preference for fanny over cock affect the legal and personal choices I can make.

Likewise anyone who has a sexual preference that includes the opposite gender should not be discriminated against, legally or socially, for the choice of partner. The choice is there for us all. I could marry a man if I wanted, as you could you (this is not a proposal), so our choice is there in a legal and social setting. There's nothing that can be done about our biology.

Assuming yon lad isn't trolling, this is the same kind of shite that perma-raging Yer Das were coming out in 2000 years ago during the Keep the Clause campaign.

I can mind speaking to various folk at the time (I was at college doing journalism) who genuinely believed that this would mean pupils were going to be taught to be homosexual, rather than simply going to be taught that homosexuality exists.

Assuming yon lad isn't trolling, this is the same kind of shite that perma-raging Yer Das were coming out in 2000 years ago during the Keep the Clause campaign.
I can mind speaking to various folk at the time (I was at college doing journalism) who genuinely believed that this would mean pupils were going to be taught to be homosexual, rather than simply going to be taught that homosexuality exists.

Yon lad is clearly trolling. Another thread ruined.

33 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

My son - who is straight - returned from his freshers week recently wearing a badge claiming gays were 'Everyday heroes'. I mentioned this to his uncle who is gay and he found this idea ridiculous and really didn't want to be seen as different from anyone due to his sexuality.

As for LBGT lessons - fine with me but I can imagine some religious schools will have a big problem with the concept.

Religious schools ARE the big problem.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

What have I missed? Just home from teaching kids to be gay all day

Good on you and I hope everyone knows what their Grindr tribe is and which Robyn album is their favourite.

Edited by NotThePars

5 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Children are being actively encouraged to engage in same sex attractions. All part of agenda 21. M8.

Listen. If a teacher taught you that being gay is absolutely ok, would it have made you want taken up the arse? 

The idea that anyone can be "taught" to be gay is the hallmark of someone literally too stupid to be allowed out alone.

You really are a fucking tumshie aint ye?

You think biological facts goes against freedom of choice? WTF? I don't get the choose that I'm going bald or that I can roll my tongue. These are just accidents of biology like my sexual orientation.

What's important tho' is neither my receding follicles, my flexible tongue and preference for fanny over cock affect the legal and personal choices I can make.

Likewise anyone who has a sexual preference that includes the opposite gender should not be discriminated against, legally or socially, for the choice of partner. The choice is there for us all. I could marry a man if I wanted, as you could you (this is not a proposal), so our choice is there in a legal and social setting. There's nothing that can be done about our biology.
Definitely a proposal

Don't see the issue with this. If it teaches kids to be nicer/respect people who are LGBT at school, then it's good. I didn't even finish school that many years ago and if anyone was found to not be straight they were in for an absolutely terrible time. The only people raging off this will be middle aged gammons over their kids being exposed to the bufty menace.

Edited by Comrie

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Don't see the issue with this. If it teaches kids to be nicer/respect people who are LGBT at school, then it's good. I didn't even finish school that many years ago and if anyone was found to not be straight they were in for an absolutely terrible time. The only people raging off this will be middle aged gammons over their kids being exposed to the bufty menace.

But why restrict it to a vociferous minority? Why not teach kids respect full stop. We certainly need it as a society.

3 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

But why restrict it to a vociferous minority? Why not teach kids respect full stop. We certainly need it as a society.

If anything can be put into place to make people be a bit less cunty to others, I'd be all for that.