Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

That may well be the case (although I have my doubts). But they don't actively shove their heterosexuality in your face. They simply are hetrosexuals and that's it. It should be no different for homosexuals. There is nothing special about being gay. It doesn't make somebody a better person than someone who isn't. There is no need for them to constantly remind everybody that they're gay.
Heterosexuality is used to sell everything.

Thankfully, there's also plenty of shagging on the telly these days.

Religious schools ARE the big problem.

This, in spades. But things are changing; the church's, and let's face it is only the one church, hold over parents is steadily weakening.
But returning to the original point, this seems to be another tangential issue in the scheme of Scottish things. I'll add it to the current fetish for self-flagellation about Scotland's role in slavery, when most of the population here at that time was firmly in the grubber, never mind the strange fascination the Sunday Herald papers have for witchcraft FFS. This stuff might delight the Byres Road crew, but let's get to the serious stuff.

53 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Listen. If a teacher taught you that being gay is absolutely ok, would it have made you want taken up the arse? 

The idea that anyone can be "taught" to be gay is the hallmark of someone literally too stupid to be allowed out alone.

What if I need to know in an emergency?

As someone who lives in a place that recently changed the sex-ed curriculum to include this sort of information, only to have it changed back once a bunch of BawWatching type Tories got elected I find it amusing to see people on this thread trot out the same incorrect arguments about the curriculum that were trotted out by the religious Tory types here in Ontario.  If the Scottish curriculum is anything like the recently binned Ontario curriculum then

a) nobody is teaching 5 year olds about anal sex

b) nobody is trying to turn children gay

The hysteria surrounding the modernized curriculum, which taught among other things that it is OK to be gay if you are, was sad and from what I am reading from at least one poster in this thread is pretty much the exact same as the opposition appears to be in Scotland

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

According to the Times earlier this year RELIGIOUS extremists are reportedly using a home education loophole to teach kids hate-filled messages.
Documents seized from illegal schools in Britain allegedly state that homosexuality is an "abomination" and sodomy is punishable by death.

Not my favourite paper but if it reports on real 'abominations' like this then fine.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5714748/religious-extremists-home-education-loophole-hate-messages/

5 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

According to the Times earlier this year RELIGIOUS extremists are reportedly using a home education loophole to teach kids hate-filled messages.
Documents seized from illegal schools in Britain allegedly state that homosexuality is an "abomination" and sodomy is punishable by death.

Not my favourite paper but if it reports on real 'abominations' like this then fine.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5714748/religious-extremists-home-education-loophole-hate-messages/

It pisses me off when ‘liberals’ try to champion Islam, a totally oppressive religion, on the grounds of Islamaphobia.

There undoubtedly those who condemn Islam simply because of the colour of the skin of most of its adherents, but we should not use that that bigotry as an excuse to support the religion itself.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Gay exams

Question 1

Rupert and Walter have hooked up on Grindr and have arranged to meet at Rupert's flat.  Walter is at work three miles south west of his flat and Rupert is five miles North.  If they each get a bus travelling at an average speed of 20 mph towards the flat, who will get there in time to buy the tube of KY?

Neither, they're going to butt f**k each other dry.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Because atheists and agnostics can't possibly be homophobes . . .

I've no idea of the statistics of this, but I'd wager that religious folk are far more likely to be homophobes than atheists / agnostics.