Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Were these straight people attacked for being straight?

Possibly ? we'll never know as it doesn't get reported.

Equality for me is everyone being treated equally and NOT specific groups being given special treatment whether positive or negative.

Fat guy gets abused by neds and punched in the nose is every bit as disturbing as the gay attack story but unfortunately people just seem to see that as some sort of joke. I'm sure the fat guy with the burst nose doesn't see it that way.

Just now, WATTOO said:

Possibly ? we'll never know as it doesn't get reported.

Equality for me is everyone being treated equally and NOT specific groups being given special treatment whether positive or negative.

Fat guy gets abused by neds and punched in the nose is every bit as disturbing as the gay attack story but unfortunately people just seem to see that as some sort of joke. I'm sure the fat guy with the burst nose doesn't see it that way.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’re either a troll or a fucking moron.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’re either a troll or a fucking moron.

Standard answer from someone who has no argument...................

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure the fat guy with the burst nose doesn't see it that way.

Were you punched in the nose by a homosexual? Is that where all this whataboutery is coming from?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Were you punched in the nose by a homosexual? Is that where all this whataboutery is coming from?

Damn.

You've outed me.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Please provide one example from modern Scotland of a straight person being subject to any form of discrimination or harassment on account of the fact that they are straight.

You quite obviously miss the point which I find rather disturbing.

Fat Guy -- Discriminated against for being fat.

Skinny Guy - Discriminated against for being skinny.

Black Guy -- Discriminated against because of their colour.

Asian Guy -- Discriminated against because of their colour / religion.

English Guy -- Discriminated against because of their birthplace.

They all happen everyday and they are all wrong including the attacks on Gay people, however my point is that it DOES happen everyday to a wide group of people and as such gay people, or any other "group" for that matter, don't have a monopoly on being attacked or discriminated against.

I honestly don't get why it's so controversial to expect everyone to be treated the same as regards victims of violence. 

A victim is a victim, irrespective of the perceived motivation behind the attack and why we grade it like we do, leaves me completely perplexed being honest.........

Fucking hell!!!!!

Not been on this thread for a while but:

1. Both straight and non-straight people will be subject to random physical and verbal attacks that are not justified.

2.  Significantly more non-straight people will be subject to physical and verbal attacks because of their sexuality/lifestyle.

Anyone who doesn’t recognise that is an arsehole.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Fucking hell!!!!!

Not been on this thread for a while but:

1. Both straight and non-straight people will be subject to random physical and verbal attacks that are not justified.

2.  Significantly more non-straight people will be subject to physical and verbal attacks because of their sexuality/lifestyle.

Anyone who doesn’t recognise that is an arsehole.

I agree but I wasn't denying the above, I was merely saying that all violent crimes should be treated equally and I don't see how there's a coherent argument for anything else.

12 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Not even remotely surprised by the latest bigot outing. Especially WATTOO who's a total "yer da".

Ok, snowflake dear.

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I agree but I wasn't denying the above, I was merely saying that all violent crimes should be treated equally and I don't see how there's a coherent argument for anything else.

Personally I think hate crimes deserve to be treated more seriously.

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You might think differently if there was a bunch of people actively looking for people named Wattoo to beat up. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You might think differently if there was a bunch of people actively looking for people named Wattoo to beat up. 

I'm sure there is............

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can occasionally be accused of being a bit of a 'yer Da' but it is clear that this WATTOO fella is coming off very badly here.

Don't worry, I'm used to it.

I stand by my views and my arguments, if people don't agree or don't like them then fair enough, that's the whole point of debate.

It would be a rather sad and boring world if we all agreed with each other all the time.............