Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

3 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:
10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Cheap posting, M50.  

But no denial.

What is there to deny?  My son's finishing his A Levels in a Bucks Grammar and my wee is in Year 12 at an Oxfordshire Comp - the same one her elder sister went to.  Neither school has any resemblance to Scotland's bigot factories.  Indeed, when we moved back to England a significant factor was me eschewing apartheid education.

Cheap posting, M50.  
What is there to deny?  My son's finishing his A Levels in a Bucks Grammar and my wee is in Year 12 at an Oxfordshire Comp - the same one her elder sister went to.  Neither school has any resemblance to Scotland's bigot factories.  Indeed, when we moved back to England a significant factor was me eschewing apartheid education.
Costs me a little bit of my soul every time I engage with bigots who think their form of hatred is acceptable whilst berating others for theirs.

'My kids are wonderful-therefore I am too

p***k

15 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Costs me a little bit of my soul every time I engage with bigots who think their form of hatred is acceptable whilst berating others for theirs.

'My kids are wonderful-therefore I am too

p***k

13 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

I'll just add

'Grammar' and 'apartheid education'

Indeed.  I support grammar schools and eschew schools divided on religious grounds.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, the jambo-rocker said:

I think the one thing we can agree on with all these parent-led boycotts, is that the kids are not the only ones that need a fresher in LGBT lessons IMO.

Maybe. But we have got to take into consideration that a lot of that generation would have been educated when Section 28 was still in force. Also, generally whilst society has moved on somewhat, there is still a large streak of homophobia in Scottish society.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't think it's anything to do with ' being told what opinions to have'.  Certainly, for my three weans, it has always been about awareness and acceptance.  I see nothing objectionable here.

This is really the only sensible viewpoint that is necessary.  Not much more needs to be said on it.

I've said before about my mate that teaches and bullies the hetero kids and he absolutely insists to them that you have to have a degree in LGBTism if you want to get into a decent uni. As a postgrad myself we frequently cancel any texts that are written by a straight because they are quite simply worthless.

Amir Ahmed, a lead campaigner for the parents, told Sima Kotecha: "Morally, we do not accept homosexuality as a valid sexual relationship to have."

f**k off you backward sky fairy believing c**t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/education-47647273/campaigners-say-they-want-birmingham-lgbt-teaching-abolished

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Amir Ahmed, a lead campaigner for the parents, told Sima Kotecha: "Morally, we do not accept homosexuality as a valid sexual relationship to have."

f**k off you backward sky fairy believing c**t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/education-47647273/campaigners-say-they-want-birmingham-lgbt-teaching-abolished

Can't watch that now but I assume in Primary school they're just teaching about relationships, not sex. Easy solution is to allow opt outs to alternative classes as others have said. I wouldn't want my kids to be force fed Creationism.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't watch that now but I assume in Primary school they're just teaching about relationships, not sex. Easy solution is to allow opt outs to alternative classes as others have said. I wouldn't want my kids to be force fed Creationism.

You’re equating creationism with learning that not everyone is heterosexual.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re equating creationism with learning that not everyone is heterosexual.

I don't think the State should dictate every aspect of how children are educated, especially in moral and religious fields.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think the State should dictate every aspect of how children are educated, especially in moral and religious fields.

Yeah let’s them be brainwashed by their backward thinking parents instead.  Good call.

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The state should do whatever it can to teach people that creationism is bullshit

What if the state decides creationism is real? They're getting close to it in America with climate change. 

The state doesn't educate on all aspects of moral and religious fields, it does however exert influence on these by a number of aspects, laws as the main thing but they have been giving 'moral education' continually in the school structure.

The state tells us what drugs are ok to take, what food to eat. It advices on contraception...

Telling people being gay is ok is so blindly obviously that it should be automatic as part of any education program.

What if the state decides creationism is real? They're getting close to it in America with climate change. 

The state doesn't 'decide' if something is real, facts do.

Just now, parsforlife said:

The state doesn't educate on all aspects of moral and religious fields, it does however exert influence on these by a number of aspects, laws as the main thing but they have been giving 'moral education' continually in the school structure.

The state tells us what drugs are ok to take, what food to eat. It advices on contraception...

Telling people being gay is ok is so blindly obviously that it should be automatic as part of any education program.

The state doesn't 'decide' if something is real, facts do.

Donald Trump disagrees.