Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Romans 1:24-27 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

1 Corinthian 6:9

Cheers. I think they were both attributed to Paul long after the death of Jesus and refer to Sodom and Gomorrah, to get God off the hook for destroying them with volcanos or something, victim blaming at its worst imo. Also having a sly dig at the Romans who didn't have problem with it.

Edited by welshbairn

Many people are homophobic because of their religion.
No one is homophobic because they're an atheist/not religious.

It’s an excuse for their homophobia but I would be surprised if it’s the root cause. I doubt someone thought gay people were sound until they picked up a bible.

25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It’s an excuse for their homophobia but I would be surprised if it’s the root cause. I doubt someone thought gay people were sound until they picked up a bible.

Not that I'd want to speak for billions of people, but I'd imagine religious people who are homophobic are taught about their religious text before they're taught about gay people. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Have to check with @Jacksgranda , but I don't think homosexuality is mentioned once in the New Testament, and is only briefly mentioned in the old one, along with a death sentence for wanking or getting off at Haymarket. I doubt any more people who go to church are homophobic than people who don't.

^^^^ thinks what is in the bible and people’s interpretation of what the bible means is the same thing.  Oh the naivety.  :(

Not that I'd want to speak for billions of people, but I'd imagine religious people who are homophobic are taught about their religious text before they're taught about gay people. 

Can only speak for my own family who still largely attend church in some capacity, but they’ve all come round in favour of LGBT rights. I imagine a lot of religious people will reject the church’s social conservative unless they themselves are repulsed by the gays. I guess I’m reluctant to just attribute homophobia to religious affiliation because there’s a clearly prominent liberal bloc who are viciously transphobic without the influence of religion and I’m worried that reducing it to a religious argument lets them off the hook.

Can only speak for my own family who still largely attend church in some capacity, but they’ve all come round in favour of LGBT rights. I imagine a lot of religious people will reject the church’s social conservative unless they themselves are repulsed by the gays. I guess I’m reluctant to just attribute homophobia to religious affiliation because there’s a clearly prominent liberal bloc who are viciously transphobic without the influence of religion and I’m worried that reducing it to a religious argument lets them off the hook.
Just witness the appalling anti-trans demo at this year's Pride by a radical lesbian group.

^^^Gordon Morrison imo

Mr Morrison, of Old Edinburgh Road, Inverness, claimed in gay marches elsewhere members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community flaunted their immorality in the most extravagant ways imaginable.

"This becomes evident especially in city centres when they thrust lewdness in the faces of men, women and children alike by frolicking unashamedly on rainbow-coloured floats making obscene sexual gestures," he said.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Gay-parade-plan-for-Inverness-prompts-petition-11092018.htm

and it's a totally fair point. What gives somebody the right to be in my face about how gay they are? I should be able to walk the streets without being made to feel guilty about not being part of their cult. It's fascism, pure and simple.

and it's a totally fair point. What gives somebody the right to be in my face about how gay they are? I should be able to walk the streets without being made to feel guilty about not being part of their cult. It's fascism, pure and simple.

Agreed. I watched Are You Being Served once, could've been me.

13 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye. Gays are always trying to ram it down your throat nowadays.

2 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Bigotry usually comes from a militant attitude stirred up by propaganda.

A bit like all this "gay pride" stuff with their in your face posters, parades and rainbow flags.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

limmy

Personally never felt guilty in the presence of gay people. Am I expected too? Am I ridiculously fortunate that any i meet don't try and guilt trip me into becoming gay?

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Personally never felt guilty in the presence of gay people. Am I expected too? Am I ridiculously fortunate that any i meet don't try and guilt trip me into becoming gay?

Me neither bud. They try their best, but it just doesn't work on me at all. I don't stand for it. I tell them to get out of my face and allow me "a proud hetrosexual male" to get on with my own business.

There’s a theory that closet homosexuals protest too much about their feelings and homosexuality in general.

We should do all we can to help these folk face up to their true identity and assure them that they have nothing to fear.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a theory that closet homosexuals protest too much about their feelings and homosexuality in general.

We should do all we can to help these folk face up to their true identity and assure them that they have nothing to fear.

If the militants are to be believed, we are all closet homosexuals. That's how they get you.

Me neither bud. They try their best, but it just doesn't work on me at all. I don't stand for it. I tell them to get out of my face and allow me "a proud hetrosexual male" to get on with my own business.

I must meet the less committed ones, they don't seem to put much effort in.