Scotland First Country To Introduce LGBT Lessons

AsimButtHitsASix

I can't relate to the "if being gay is allowed/talked about, everyone will start doing it" argument as a straight guy. I'm 100% sure that having this kind of lesson in school wouldn't have made me want to pump men. It probably would've made me think twice bout using the word gay as a blanket insult for most of my childhood though, which would've been a positive.

How much of a selfish c**t do you need to be to want to make other people's lives harder because of an inability to accept who you are. 

Honestly just waiting for the "SNP lessons turned my son into a boaby lover" on the front of the Daily Mail.

Edited by Comrie

What’s the Catholic churches’ view on same sex marriage?  How long did it take same sex marriage to be ‘accepted’ by other Christian faiths in the U.K.?  Homophobia is the treatment of people differently because of their sexuality.
Most religions in the U.K. have and still do facilitate that discrimination.

Your original point,:

"Religious schools ARE the big problem."

That implies that religion is the main factor for homophobia - personally I think it's one of many factors.

As I said, I am not here to defend the Catholic Church (or any other religion for that matter). What I object to is the simplistic pish that religion is mainly to blame.

Religious homophobia is one factor but so is internalised homophobia and social homophobia.

Many psychologists argue that religious homophobia is a consequence of social homophobia - males too insecure in their own sexuality - males reinforcing their heterosexuality with homophobic attitudes and behaviours to distance themselves and emphasise their "masculinity".

Whatever the reasons for homophobia it needs to be challenged - as I said before - I absolutely without qualification welcome the Scottish Government's move to embed the teaching of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex rights in the school curriculum.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Many people are homophobic because of their religion.

No one is homophobic because they're an atheist/not religious.

Have to check with @Jacksgranda , but I don't think homosexuality is mentioned once in the New Testament, and is only briefly mentioned in the old one, along with a death sentence for wanking or getting off at Haymarket. I doubt any more people who go to church are homophobic than people who don't.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have to check with @Jacksgranda , but I don't think homosexuality is mentioned once in the New Testament, and is only briefly mentioned in the old one, along with a death sentence for wanking or getting off at Haymarket. I doubt any more people who go to church are homophobic than people who don't.

Romans 1:24-27 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I must have misunderstood all that stuff about the bakery then...