West of Scotland weekend and not a peep

Blackie Gold

Big cup day this weekend and not a mention of it. Could be a few shocks in store (Cumnock might give Lugar a fright). Top match is definately our visit to the Buffs while Kilbirnie's new man at the helm might fancy his chances against the Peasy. Any comments or predictions.

We’re back up at Renfrew cracking wee set up there. I feel the west has lost its edge in recent years and teams do use it to give maybe the players who aren’t playing as much a game . Just my opinion but thoughts ? 
I agree, tbh I think most clubs are in a state of limbo or flux waiting to see what the next big move is.

10 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I think you may see a few fringe player's playing this weekend as clubs look towards important league games and the Scottish cup

Our Gaffer already been in the paper this week saying that he will be making changes on Saturday. Good chance for some players to stake a claim 

It’s a really strange situation nowadays playing in a West Cup a West league and a  Scottish Junior Cup which is a glorified West Cup now.Facing the same teams often in each.Its great to win any trophy and hard to do but things now need a real shake up and that appears to be coming.Things need refreshed.

Big cup day this weekend and not a mention of it. Could be a few shocks in store (Cumnock might give Lugar a fright). Top match is definately our visit to the Buffs while Kilbirnie's new man at the helm might fancy his chances against the Peasy. Any comments or predictions.

Wondering how the Buffs will do without mcguiness pulling the strings in midfield and his replacement Fleming bn injured.need as good a performance as last week 2 have a chance.

11 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:
11 hours ago, DanMan said:
Our Gaffer already been in the paper this week saying that he will be making changes on Saturday. Good chance for some players to stake a claim 

From a gaffers point it's understandable but as a fan I want to win every game so would like to always see our strongest team available on the pitch Dan

Fair point, but as the season goes on, you need to know what else you have. This is a nice to win, but the league and Scottish are way more important. Games like this keep the squad happy and lets the gaffer see what else he has in a competitive game

We've had notice that there will be a pitch inpsection at 930 tomorrow at Annbank

The weather is wild in Ayr at the moment. Some rain has fell the day [emoji51]

Fair point, but as the season goes on, you need to know what else you have. This is a nice to win, but the league and Scottish are way more important. Games like this keep the squad happy and lets the gaffer see what else he has in a competitive game
Spot on Dan
Still I would love one day in the sun and a cup final and see the candy will something it may never happen in my lifetime but you got dream the dream and for me that dream starts tomorrow at Dalry tho by 4 30 it might be a bloody nightmare 🤣

Archived