Annan v Cowden

With this being the closest game for me, I'll be heading up to Annan on Saturday having witnessed just one point from the four games I've seen so far this season, so I'm not hopefully of changing my luk this weekend.

Yet I'll be travelling up in a group of four Cowden Reds (including two first-timers) so I'll get straight to the important questions as it'll be my first trip to Galabank:

I hear the pies are good at Annan... and should we head to the ground from the train station via The Blue Bell, or go straight to the club bar which I hear is also a decent set-up?

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs? I've still got a few teeth left I need to destroy, and a bad sugar addiction (Inserts a toothless smiley face thing)?!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A first for me at this too, I've never seen Cowden play! I'll only have Elgin left out of the current League 2 after this. 

Feeling confident. 4 games unbeaten with only 1 goal conceded. Play like the last 15 minutes of the 1st half against QP last week, with finishing touches included, and it should be a straight forward win. SHOULD be!

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I hear the pies are good at Annan... and should we head to the ground from the train station via The Blue Bell, or go straight to the club bar which I hear is also a decent set-up?

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs?

Pies are good aye, as is the club bar. The Shed seems to be the place to be before you head to Galabank, and it's on the right road which helps if you get carried away early doors! I'm no actually a folk of Annan though so cannae help wi the tooth destroyers!

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

With this being the closest game for me, I'll be heading up to Annan on Saturday having witnessed just one point from the four games I've seen so far this season, so I'm not hopefully of changing my luk this weekend.

We've got a terrible record at Galabank so yeah, I'm not hopeful of a positive result.

On 08/11/2018 at 18:00, Drifter said:

Yet I'll be travelling up in a group of four Cowden Reds (including two first-timers) so I'll get straight to the important questions as it'll be my first trip to Galabank:

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs? I've still got a few teeth left I need to destroy, and a bad sugar addiction (Inserts a toothless smiley face thing)?!

Solway Cafe has great selection of boiled sweets in jars- Moffat Toffee,Hawick Balls etc.

From the station turn  right on the High Street opposite The Commercial.

I’d say the Shed would be the better stop off if your heading from the station as you’ll pass it on the way but the social club at the ground is spot on too. And as mentioned the Solway Cafe would be your best bet for sweets.

Archived