• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

With this being the closest game for me, I'll be heading up to Annan on Saturday having witnessed just one point from the four games I've seen so far this season, so I'm not hopefully of changing my luk this weekend.

Yet I'll be travelling up in a group of four Cowden Reds (including two first-timers) so I'll get straight to the important questions as it'll be my first trip to Galabank:

I hear the pies are good at Annan... and should we head to the ground from the train station via The Blue Bell, or go straight to the club bar which I hear is also a decent set-up?

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs? I've still got a few teeth left I need to destroy, and a bad sugar addiction (Inserts a toothless smiley face thing)?!

A first for me at this too, I've never seen Cowden play! I'll only have Elgin left out of the current League 2 after this. 

Feeling confident. 4 games unbeaten with only 1 goal conceded. Play like the last 15 minutes of the 1st half against QP last week, with finishing touches included, and it should be a straight forward win. SHOULD be!

2 hours ago, Drifter said:

I hear the pies are good at Annan... and should we head to the ground from the train station via The Blue Bell, or go straight to the club bar which I hear is also a decent set-up?

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs?

Pies are good aye, as is the club bar. The Shed seems to be the place to be before you head to Galabank, and it's on the right road which helps if you get carried away early doors! I'm no actually a folk of Annan though so cannae help wi the tooth destroyers!

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

With this being the closest game for me, I'll be heading up to Annan on Saturday having witnessed just one point from the four games I've seen so far this season, so I'm not hopefully of changing my luk this weekend.

We've got a terrible record at Galabank so yeah, I'm not hopeful of a positive result.

theres a good sports bar in the centre about half way to the ground,alas I cannot recall its name.so that's probably not much help.

awful record there but sometimes when you go expecting heehaw is when you get the pleasantest surprises

theres a good sports bar in the centre about half way to the ground,alas I cannot recall its name.so that's probably not much help.
awful record there but sometimes when you go expecting heehaw is when you get the pleasantest surprises

The shed

17 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

. Play like the last 15 minutes of the 1st half against QP last week, with finishing touches included, and it should be a straight forward win. 

Deary me

So chaps... predictions for the game please... and preferred line-ups...

For the reverse psychology effect, I'll go 3-1 Annan with Cowden taking the lead. And one red card.

Edited by Drifter

On 08/11/2018 at 18:00, Drifter said:

Yet I'll be travelling up in a group of four Cowden Reds (including two first-timers) so I'll get straight to the important questions as it'll be my first trip to Galabank:

And most importantly, for the folk of Annan, do any shops in your town sell One Pounders Irn Bru humbugs? I've still got a few teeth left I need to destroy, and a bad sugar addiction (Inserts a toothless smiley face thing)?!

Solway Cafe has great selection of boiled sweets in jars- Moffat Toffee,Hawick Balls etc.

From the station turn  right on the High Street opposite The Commercial.

I’d say the Shed would be the better stop off if your heading from the station as you’ll pass it on the way but the social club at the ground is spot on too. And as mentioned the Solway Cafe would be your best bet for sweets.

10 hours ago, Drifter said:

For the reverse psychology effect, I'll go 3-1 Annan with Cowden taking the lead. And one red card.

I'll go for that too, without the reverse psychology bit!

It’ll be nice to hang on here.

Edit to add. Nice three points. Happy tonight.

Did not expect that as we ever win down there! Brilliant result.

We were very unlucky to lose to Annan at home so I thought we had a squeak today. Well done to all involved.

Delighted for the Cowden fans who made the journey. It’s a boring drive home but you will all be smiling!

It poured with rain all the way home and I didnt care.

Great goal from Skelly