The Statement Thread

2 hours ago, SEETHING said:

Edited highlights appreciated. 

Clean shirts: "Do as you're told"

Bigots: "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE F...F...FEN...CELTIC"

16 year olds: "Hope Ann Budge dies in a car crash"

*Addendum*

Some raging fucking lunatic: "Ann Budge is funneling cash to her brother via the main stand"

iZT8ghc.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2018 at 07:37, The Minertaur said:

Thanks. My life is so empty (bit like yours I guess) that I live for green likes on an anonymous internet forum. You've ruined it by pointing it out.

He has spent his last two days red dotting my posts, what a pathetic creep:lol:

10 hours ago, Crùbag said:

The flag thing is about context. The UJ or Tricolour aren't themselves sectarian but can/ and are used as such - purely for idiotic reasons. Why celebrate your flag/ culture if all you can do with it is incite/ goad other people?

As to poppy, it has a clear significance for Hearts and the other teams that contributed to McCrae's Battalion. Is it political? Yes but for the most part it isn't used at football games to cause havoc. If it becomes that then I'm sure it will be included in this type of discussion.

I can't say i've ever felt 'goaded' by a tricolour. Ireland has 'clear significance' to Celtic's identity as a club. I don't see how that is idiotic or bigoted. 

I wouldn't wave a union jack personally but I don't think its for me to say it has no place at Tynecastle unless we are commemorating the war. 

25 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I can't say i've ever felt 'goaded' by a tricolour. Ireland has 'clear significance' to Celtic's identity as a club. I don't see how that is idiotic or bigoted. 

I wouldn't wave a union jack personally but I don't think its for me to say it has no place at Tynecastle unless we are commemorating the war. 

Agree in part though some people obvs can't control themselves when a rival manager, say Lennon, cups his ears at them after receiving torrents of abuse. Are the coin-throwers really that thin-skinned?

As to Celtic - yes and no. AFAIK, it was founded by an Irish clergyman for the poor of Glasgow and most of their first team were Scottish. I am struggling to think of a justification for a UJ at Tynecastle though, outside of a war-dead commemoration or some kind of, unlikely, event involving a branch of the UK state. There is a reason why Hearts have a Saltire in the crest and why we have a Scottish FA and not a British one.

Hearts/ Gorgie is a community and will therefore have many different political opinions - maybe at a football game is one place where we can put them aside?

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Agree in part though some people obvs can't control themselves when a rival manager, say Lennon, cups his ears at them after receiving torrents of abuse. Are the coin-throwers really that thin-skinned?

As to Celtic - yes and no. AFAIK, it was founded by an Irish clergyman for the poor of Glasgow and most of their first team were Scottish. I am struggling to think of a justification for a UJ at Tynecastle though, outside of a war-dead commemoration or some kind of, unlikely, event involving a branch of the UK state. There is a reason why Hearts have a Saltire in the crest and why we have a Scottish FA and not a British one.

Hearts/ Gorgie is a community and will therefore have many different political opinions - maybe at a football game is one place where we can put them aside?

Yup. The poor publicans and barrowboy salesmen who bankrolled it and made a mint off the back of it.

Awfae business.

Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent.

Good to see someone in Scottish football actually gets it. That'll put an end to any chance Budge had of getting on the  SFA committee though. 

There is a reason why Hearts have a Saltire in the crest

Because there’s a similarly subtle one on the cobblestone mosaic on the royal mile

We seem to have managed to go about a century without any scottish (or uk) iconography

Before this explosion of caledonianism

IMG_3230.thumb.jpg.bb7ed536779a1c89f3eda3806e555453.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HzoYL.jpg

Luckily, in my opinion, we soon rolled that back a bit to something a bit more subtle

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Looks like were going to have to bin the Scottish national anthem then if you want this rolled out.

Dearie me. You’ve really bought into this Celtic supporting rules and regulations, haven’t you?

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah Im just saying if you want politics binned from football you can’t pick and choose which ones suit. 

We're not picking which ones suit. We're picking which ones don't suit...

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Looks like were going to have to bin the Scottish national anthem then if you want this rolled out.

You can take your whataboutery and your pathetic attempts at rebranding  sectarianism and shove them up your bigoted arse. 

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

You can take your whataboutery and your pathetic attempts at rebranding  sectarianism and shove them up your bigoted arse. 

Well no, there are songs and add ons that can be definitely seen as sectarian (however rarely aired).

However saying one group of rebellion songs from one country is allowed but the other  (especially when the songs have no religious mentions or connotations) isn't just wrong, it could be seen as bigoted in itself.

Archived