New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

Sky probably insisted on it so that they could reduce the number of diddy, non-OF games they were forced to show.

38 Celtic/Sevco away games
4 Edinburgh derbies
Flag day
Trophy day

Toss-up for the other four. 

I think it's for 140 matches a season, but maybe misread it. So 700 matches.

= £850k per match.

SPFL deal is being reported as £30m a season for 48 matches, by the Daily Record.

= £625k per match.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I assume the BBCs coverage of 20 Championship games a season will be on Alba rather than BBC 1?

No, there’s a new BBC Scotland channel launching to replace BBC2 Scotland.

(We’ll still get BBC2, but it won’t have “regional” programming)

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Bizarre to be feeling a bit gutted by this. 

Feels like one of those kids with a single maw who's a bit of a munter but an absolute dirty and is being chucked about.

BT Sport is the good guy as he buys you sweets and has a kick about with you but your maws away back to the horrible guy with the Merc (Sky) who's promised you a holiday but you just know your going be fucked off to a kids club in benidorm or some pish.

BBC is the ‘Uncle’.

Premier sports is the old guy that your maw wanks off from time to time at the back of the local for 5er and free drinks.

Oddly well informed insight into my life........ Dad?

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

No, there’s a new BBC Scotland channel launching to replace BBC2 Scotland.

(We’ll still get BBC2, but it won’t have “regional” programming)

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I think it's BBC2 this season till the new BBC Scotland channel starts

Cheers guys.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think it's for 140 matches a season, but maybe misread it. So 700 matches.

= £850k per match.

SPFL deal is being reported as £30m a season for 48 matches, by the Daily Record.

= £625k per match.

Nice breakdown of funds but still a great big kick in the teeth.

Surprised they didn't go with an online betting company to air the matches online with in play bets. Would have made an absolute fucking fortune for everyone involved. 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Nice breakdown of funds but still a great big kick in the teeth.

Surprised they didn't go with an online betting company to air the matches online with in play bets. Would have made an absolute fucking fortune for everyone involved. 

I think we just need to get more games televised to get more money in.

No confidence in the SPFL managing to "sell" a game like St Johnstone v Hamilton to Sky though, while the EFL can "sell" Brentford v Millwall, and so while we maybe get decent "money per match" we aren't selling nearly enough matches to get near them in terms of total money.

Sky have lost the Champions League and Spanish football lately, there's an opening we could've exploited, but with BT struggling, and Eleven not getting the figures they need, these gaps will likely be plugged again.

Missed opportunity. 

Bizarre to be feeling a bit gutted by this. 
Feels like one of those kids with a single maw who's a bit of a munter but an absolute dirty and is being chucked about.
BT Sport is the good guy as he buys you sweets and has a kick about with you but your maws away back to the horrible guy with the Merc (Sky) who's promised you a holiday but you just know your going be fucked off to a kids club in benidorm or some pish.
BBC is the ‘Uncle’.
Premier sports is the old guy that your maw wanks off from time to time at the back of the local for 5er and free drinks.

^^^
Typical Celtic family

Will also be getting shot of BT when the coverage ends. And unless Sky have some sort of a dedicated channel for Scottish football, or being able to pay for them separately (lol), I’ll be giving Sky a miss as there’s no chance I’m funding the shite that’s on down the road.

Edited by Staggie_93

Like everyone else I am p1ssed off that Sky have won this battle.  Quite simply their current coverage is cringeworthy. Nothing against the 2 Kris and the lady that fronts their programmes, but they could commentate on a lesbian orgy and I would still want to turn off. They are SO mundane and unexciting. Hopefully they can persuade some of the BT crew to jump ship. 

The deal may be an increase on the last one but is still absolute pants v EFL and EPL deals. Still I guess if it is the only deal on the table what choice has Doncaster and co got. 

Will probably bin BT when this comes into effect. The Champions League is same old same old.