New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Nothing against the 2 Kris and the lady that fronts their programmes

I have everything against the two Kris'. They are odious morons.

Hopefully they get binned but knowing Sky probably not. It's actually painful trying to listen to them.

1 minute ago, AngusTheBull said:

I have everything against the two Kris'. They are odious morons.

Hopefully they get binned but knowing Sky probably not. It's actually painful trying to listen to them.

Commons is one of the worst pundits going, boydy isn’t great either. Bt sport team at least looked like they gave a shit about Scottish football. If it’s only a couple mil more than last deal then hardly worth it.

2 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Commons is one of the worst pundits going, boydy isn’t great either. Bt sport team at least looked like they gave a shit about Scottish football. If it’s only a couple mil more than last deal then hardly worth it.

A five year deal seems fairly short-sighted as well. For the deal to only be worth £20m a season or so in 2025 when it was worth 17.5m in 2017 is serious undervaluing the league.

Worth noting some of the championship clubs down south are kicking up a fuss about their tv deal not being worth enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46267320

18 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

A five year deal seems fairly short-sighted as well. For the deal to only be worth £20m a season or so in 2025 when it was worth 17.5m in 2017 is serious undervaluing the league.

Worth noting some of the championship clubs down south are kicking up a fuss about their tv deal not being worth enough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46267320

The Scotsman is still claiming it is £30 million a season. I don't see how the clubs would accept £20 million. 

BT might not have put forward quite as much cash for the rights as Sky, but their investment in production surely dwarves Sky - and the increased exposure from the BT coverage has probably led to Sky upping their bid this time around. Five years of the current pish Sky offer as an excuse for coverage though and we'll be back to where we were before BT when we could barely get anyone to touch Scottish football. 

Also wonder if the clubs consider the lesser exposure that Sky offer in terms of marketing players south of the border? I suspect BT's coverage brought increased interest and indirect investment into Scottish football in a way that Sky will be unlikely to do. 

40 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

BT might not have put forward quite as much cash for the rights as Sky, but their investment in production surely dwarves Sky - and the increased exposure from the BT coverage has probably led to Sky upping their bid this time around. Five years of the current pish Sky offer as an excuse for coverage though and we'll be back to where we were before BT when we could barely get anyone to touch Scottish football. 

Also wonder if the clubs consider the lesser exposure that Sky offer in terms of marketing players south of the border? I suspect BT's coverage brought increased interest and indirect investment into Scottish football in a way that Sky will be unlikely to do. 

This is pretty much my thinking, marketing wise BT have been so much better for us than Sky. If Sky  have  BT out the water  then fair enough but judging by the amounts mooted I doubt it. 

If they point commons and boyd I'll be happy
I could tolerate Boyd. His opinions are regularly bad, but at least he's capable of generating a bit of discussion. I don't know what Kris Commons is.
This is pretty much my thinking, marketing wise BT have been so much better for us than Sky. If Sky  have  BT out the water  then fair enough but judging by the amounts mooted I doubt it. 
What if Sky were the only bidder/what if their bid did blow BT's out of the water?

8 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

You can’t compare English and Scottish tv deals, it’s apples and pears. Country with 12x the population of Scotland and a 25 year head start in tv revenues which has underpinned their brand. 

This.

As that map of European TV deals shows (contrary to what the Record tries to say about it) the Scottish TV deal compares favourably with other countries in Europe.

If you can’t make your teams match.

Give your money to your clubs online TV channel, get a VPN and watch your game.

To watch any other game, watch Alba, get a stream.

If you w**k over the EPL. God help you.

f**k Sky.