New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

7 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Pretty entertaining - hopefully gets a go at commentary too.

Like what I've heard from him, but hopefully doesn't get dragged down by the other pundits and topics of conversation. He strikes me as a pundit best in a smaller group.

Quite possibly the worst pundit in Scottish football. He's a thick as shit Chris Sutton and has been drafted in to play that exact role. He'd be nowhere near this if he wasn't a Celtic fanboy.

He can be OK and is a fine broadcaster, but can't contain his stupidity, especially in Old Firm games.

I've never understood why he's on the BBC/Sky so often - really boring and brings very little insight.

Dreadful before so might as well keep with them. Ian Crocker goes out his way to ruin every game he's on and Andy Walker's a fucking idiot.

Would've preferred Darrell Currie but she's absolutely fine. I'm pretty sure last season was her first presenting so hopefully gets a bit better this one.

McCoist - f**k off.

Darren Fletcher - perfectly acceptable.

Hartson - double f**k off.

Boyd - f**k off.

McFadden - Sky are having a laugh.

Crocker - “Derby day” f**k off.

Walker - seriously?

Eilidh Barbour - perfectly acceptable.

Kris Commons binned - ya beauty.

Edited by kingjoey

21 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
On 28/07/2020 at 15:42, bennett said:
I'm sure they'll be able to add fake booing for St Mirren games. 

Fake sectarian singing anyone ???

I thought all the sectarian singing was make-believe, sure I read that somewhere.

Guest DAVIDB69

I suppose today’s game had a very Celtic tv feel to it on sky no analysis at all on Hamilton half-time what could they do improve things etc. No one to give a Hamilton point of view of things.

I doubt hartson/O’Neil knew any Hamilton players or has done any preparation on them.

It’s what I suspect the sky coverage to be like going forwards but I suppose they don’t pretend to care about anyone apart from two teams and they don’t hide that .

I suppose with showing lots of games this month , they can get rid of a lot of the all diddy team fixtures quickly.

10 minutes ago, JamieH1869 said:

Saturday 1st: “Great opportunity to showcase our product with no Premier League games on Sky”.
Saturday 8th: Watch some cricket, Celtic and Rangers don’t play ‘til Sunday.

You realise there was a game scheduled to be shown today?

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN have secured the US rights for five years

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2020/08/28/espn-acquires-scottish-premiership-rights-for-next-5-years/amp/

ESPN has acquired the U.S. rights to the Scottish Premiership for the next five years, World Soccer Talk can exclusively reveal.

The agreement between ESPN and the Scottish Professional Football League is awaiting final signatures, so live coverage of select games is likely to begin in September after the clubs return from the international break. All of the matches selected for broadcast will be exclusively available via ESPN+ for $5.99/month (or $49.99/year). There’s no word yet whether select games may move to television, but it’s unlikely at this time.

After B/R Live decided not to renew the Scottish Premiership rights at the end of the 2019/20 season, the Scottish Professional Football League’s media partner Infront was given the task of selling the distribution rights to the top-flight Scottish league internationally. Unfortunately, despite interest from a number of broadcasters, Infront was unable to get an agreement signed in time for the beginning of the new season.

With both Celtic and Rangers having a significant supporters base in the United States, today’s news will come as a welcome relief for soccer fans who want to watch many of the best games from the top-flight Scottish league. Viewers in the United States have been accustomed to having access to watching the Scottish Premiership for the past decade or more. In the past, the rights to the Scottish league have been held by a range of broadcasters so the news that the agreement with ESPN is for five years is perhaps the best news of all. Scottish football has finally found a permanent home in the United States. After all, five years is practically a lifetime in the broadcast industry.