New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

Probably answered already although hopefully now that a decent bit of money is being invested into the SPFL and the Cups we'll see better marketing from all of the media and the clubs using the extra cash to properly invest in both the squad and off the pitch investments too like decent pitches and maybe my club offering a proper morton tv.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

Ally McCoist, Darren Fletcher and John Hartson have joined Sky as pundits, joining Kris Boyd and James McFadden. 

Ian Crocker and Andy Walker continue on commentary, with Eilidh Barbour presenting. 

Fake crowd noise will be used, although they don't say if this will be optional via the red button.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12037743/sky-sports-reveals-line-up-for-exclusively-live-coverage-of-scottish-premiership

Ally McCoist

Pretty entertaining - hopefully gets a go at commentary too.

Darren Fletcher

Like what I've heard from him, but hopefully doesn't get dragged down by the other pundits and topics of conversation. He strikes me as a pundit best in a smaller group.

John Hartson

Quite possibly the worst pundit in Scottish football. He's a thick as shit Chris Sutton and has been drafted in to play that exact role. He'd be nowhere near this if he wasn't a Celtic fanboy.

Kris Boyd

He can be OK and is a fine broadcaster, but can't contain his stupidity, especially in Old Firm games.

James McFadden

I've never understood why he's on the BBC/Sky so often - really boring and brings very little insight.

Ian Crocker and Andy Walker continue on commentary

Dreadful before so might as well keep with them. Ian Crocker goes out his way to ruin every game he's on and Andy Walker's a fucking idiot.

Eilidh Barbour presenting. 

Would've preferred Darrell Currie but she's absolutely fine. I'm pretty sure last season was her first presenting so hopefully gets a bit better this one.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Fake crowd noise will be used

I find this more offputing than anything. I watched 20 minutes of an English game where they did this and I just kept wondering, "what was happening in the game the noise was taken from at the time the crowd made that noise", rather than thinking, "that's a crowd reacting to what I'm seeing".

As for that line up, fucking hell, that's grim.

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

I find this more offputing than anything. I watched 20 minutes of an English game where they did this and I just kept wondering, "what was happening in the game the noise was taken from at the time the crowd made that noise", rather than thinking, "that's a crowd reacting to what I'm seeing".

As for that line up, fucking hell, that's grim.

I'm sure they'll be able to add fake booing for St Mirren games. 

32 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm sure they'll be able to add fake booing for St Mirren games. 

Exactly my point!

Hopefully too, they'll add in some random bloke swearing then have the commentator apologising only this time saying they _do_ control the audio but decided to keep it in for authenticity. No idea who that bloke is, but he's at every live game that is broadcast.

Can the Mods rename this to the Sky Watch thread. Thanks.

I mean Sky are obviously trying, they're launching a new podcast as well apparently. But come on they've managed to pick John Hartson and keep on Andy Walker, the two worst pundits in Scottish Football.  Crocker will be utter shite on any non-OF game, I think @craigkillie posted a video a few months back of his comms on a St Johnstone game from about 14 years ago that were awful and sounded like he was waiting to go home.

Eilidh Barbour is actually quite good as a presenter, she's also a Saints fan, so that's at least one less OF nutter on. Ally McCoist is a personality and will at least bring something to the coverage. Darren Fletcher is intelligent but a bit dull, and I really think they've just got him for the Scotland games and will just chuck him in with for league games, considering he never played here. Kris Boyd is another OF Sycophant and another bore of a pundit. 

If they had Ally McCoist and John Champion on Comms and then you're on to a winner. 

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Pretty entertaining - hopefully gets a go at commentary too.

Like what I've heard from him, but hopefully doesn't get dragged down by the other pundits and topics of conversation. He strikes me as a pundit best in a smaller group.

Quite possibly the worst pundit in Scottish football. He's a thick as shit Chris Sutton and has been drafted in to play that exact role. He'd be nowhere near this if he wasn't a Celtic fanboy.

He can be OK and is a fine broadcaster, but can't contain his stupidity, especially in Old Firm games.

I've never understood why he's on the BBC/Sky so often - really boring and brings very little insight.

Dreadful before so might as well keep with them. Ian Crocker goes out his way to ruin every game he's on and Andy Walker's a fucking idiot.

Would've preferred Darrell Currie but she's absolutely fine. I'm pretty sure last season was her first presenting so hopefully gets a bit better this one.

That's a pretty fair assessment.

McCoist was surprisingly good as a co commentator at the last World Cup.

Andy Walker and John Hartson should be waterboarded.

The fact that John Hartson has got a broadcasting job anywhere other than celtic TV is unfathomable to me.

Can't think of anyone covering football from any country on any channel that is as seemingly incapable of providing any sort of either incitfulness or even entertainment.

Early Chris Sutton may have played the celtic fan boy stuff but at least he was entertaining.

7 minutes ago, the tungston weasel said:

The fact that John Hartson has got a broadcasting job anywhere other than celtic TV is unfathomable to me.

Can't think of anyone covering football from any country on any channel that is as seemingly incapable of providing any sort of either incitfulness or even entertainment.

Early Chris Sutton may have played the celtic fan boy stuff but at least he was entertaining.

Sky are just consolidating costs.

They have Hartson, Fletcher and for some reason McFadden contracted for their international fixtures. Might as well chuck them on the Scottish football as well.

I'll have settle for the highlights on the BBC because I'm fucked if I'll pay a ridiculous fee that will largely be used to finance English football and treat ours as filler item at best.

That I miss out on cunto Boyd is just a bonus