New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

Ranger or Celtic away to Hamilton is such an embarrassing spectacle for national TV, hardly a glowing endorsement for others to invest money into it. 

We should be watching that weeks big game. Granted it will still be mostly the infirm but Hearts/hibs/Aberdeen/ killi against each other or who is doing well should trump infirm against fucking Hamilton on tv.

6 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

Ranger or Celtic away to Hamilton is such an embarrassing spectacle for national TV, hardly a glowing endorsement for others to invest money into it. 

We should be watching that weeks big game. Granted it will still be mostly the infirm but Hearts/hibs/Aberdeen/ killi against each other or who is doing well should trump infirm against fucking Hamilton on tv.

"Infirm". I'm writing that down...bantz!

Don't be daft, what most (real) Scottish football fans want is to watch an equal number of shite games, bottom 6 stuff, St Mirren and Dundee games.

6 hours ago, betting competition said:

48 games to show  on new TV deal:

19 Celtic away games
19 Rangers away games
4 Edinburgh derbies
6 other matches  that they won't care about Aberdeen vs Hearts or Hibs and one or two relegation scraps

I only have BT just now, and have really enjoyed their coverage of Scottish football.  I'm a bit gutted it'll finish at the end of the season to be honest.

I was beginning to wonder if it would be worth getting sky instead, but when I see it in black and white as you've put it, there's no decision to make.  f**k them.

Brutal presentation, dreadful old-firm obsessed presenters, hardly any games outwith the old firm. Get them to f**k.  I'm not subscribing to old firm tv.

Saints games and sportscene highlights, I'm going retro!

11 hours ago, ftk said:

Love to see BBC get rid of Sportscene and sign up the BT team.

We want Scottish Football Extra on a Sunday night prime time in HD!

Can't see the BT Sport team going anywhere after this tbh.

Sutton will still get a gig on BT's English football/European Coverage and the occasional MOTD appearance.
Michael Stewart will probably be happy enough to continue with Sportscene and radio coverage and maybe a few more shite energy adverts.
Craigan I'd imagine will probably devote more time to coaching once the contract runs out and might finally look to take on first team management.

Only ones that'll struggle will be Currie and Hamilton imo.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

On 21/11/2018 at 04:41, PauloPerth said:

I only have BT just now, and have really enjoyed their coverage of Scottish football.  I'm a bit gutted it'll finish at the end of the season to be honest.

I was beginning to wonder if it would be worth getting sky instead, but when I see it in black and white as you've put it, there's no decision to make.  f**k them.

Brutal presentation, dreadful old-firm obsessed presenters, hardly any games outwith the old firm. Get them to f**k.  I'm not subscribing to old firm tv.

Saints games and sportscene highlights, I'm going retro!

They won't show 4 Edinburgh derbies. Both teams will have used their 4 home games quota against Celtic and Rangers.

19 Celtic away games

19 Rangers away games

4 random Celtic/Rangers home games (League opener, title clincher, trophy presentation)

6 random games, a couple of them being relegation deciders late in the season but - if they're sticking to 4 games per ground - only the bottom six will be able to host any other live matches.

52 minutes ago, tamba_trio said:

They won't show 4 Edinburgh derbies. Both teams will have used their 4 home games quota against Celtic and Rangers.

19 Celtic away games

19 Rangers away games

4 random Celtic/Rangers home games (League opener, title clincher, trophy presentation)

6 random games, a couple of them being relegation deciders late in the season but - if they're sticking to 4 games per ground - only the bottom six will be able to host any other live matches.

its 6 per ground apart from 2 clubs who are 4 (can you guess who the 2 clubs are?)

19 Celtic away games
19 Rangers away games

There has been no announcement made about the terms of this deal, and it seems unlikely they'd reduce the number of games per ground from the current arrangement.

The Edinburgh derbies are the Old Firm in Edinburgh are amongst the biggest games we have and they're not going to want to miss them.

Can't see the BT Sport team going anywhere after this tbh.

Sutton will still get a gig on BT's English football/European Coverage and the occasional MOTD appearance.
Michael Stewart will probably be happy enough to continue with Sportscene and radio coverage and maybe a few more shite energy adverts.
Craigan I'd imagine will probably devote more time to coaching once the contract runs out and might finally look to take on first team management.

Only ones that'll struggle will be Currie and Hamilton imo.

Currie and Hamilton and probably the best out of the names mentioned above. I’d personally like both to move across to Sky but I doubt it as Hayley McQueen seems fairly liked and Ian Crocker is actually a no bad commentator.

Hamilton and Crocker dream team.

Ian Crocker is absolutely shite. During the Albania game I lost count of the amount of times he mentioned that Grezda played for Rangers.

When Hearts pumped Celtic last season I tweeted that Crocker sounded devastated, or something along those lines. I didn't tweet directly to him but he responded to my tweet so had obviously searched his own name.

Another vote for delivering Ian Crocker straight to the bin. The biggest Old Firm sycophant going even though he's not even Scottish.

A perfect example was when Motherwell played Celtic at Fir Park last season and he kept talking about Motherwell being out to delay Celtic's title win rather than trying to keep themselves in the race for the Top 6.

On 22/11/2018 at 11:20, Moo said:

Currie and Hamilton and probably the best out of the names mentioned above. I’d personally like both to move across to Sky but I doubt it as Hayley McQueen seems fairly liked and Ian Crocker is actually a no bad commentator.

Hamilton and Crocker dream team.

Ian Crocker is by far and away the worst football commentator that I have ever heard.  I am old and have heard them all in the last 60 years.

Excellent article by Graeme McGarry in The Herald about Sky having tomup their game. I don’t have the technical know how to put it on here, but there’s a link on the BBC Scotland website.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17242385.graeme-mcgarry-serious-money-but-gaffe-prone-sky-have-work-to-do-to-prove-they-take-scottish-football-seriously/