New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

Ah fair enough.
It does seem a lot but do they play many away games on Saturday 3pm currently?

No, I think they’ve only played at half 12 on Saturdays so far. Rangers are due to play Livi away on Sat 26th at 3pm but suppose that could get moved to 12.30 or Sunday as well.
It’ll be pish if essentially every week is just the Rangers or Celtic away game though, seriously can’t see that being the case feasible or not

No, I think they’ve only played at half 12 on Saturdays so far. Rangers are due to play Livi away on Sat 26th at 3pm but suppose that could get moved to 12.30 or Sunday as well.

It’ll be pish if essentially every week is just the Rangers or Celtic away game though, seriously can’t see that being the case feasible or not

That Rangers game will almost certainly be moved. The TV games just haven’t been announced yet.

Rangers and Celtic away games almost always being moved from 3pm on a Saturday for TV is in itself nothing new and hasn’t been new for many years.

The reduction in games from 60 to 48 will mean less ‘others’, though.

That Rangers game will almost certainly be moved. The TV games just haven’t been announced yet.

Rangers and Celtic away games almost always being moved from 3pm on a Saturday for TV is in itself nothing new and hasn’t been new for many years.

The reduction in games from 60 to 48 will mean less ‘others’, though.

Granted, but I still hope the plan for the tv deal isn’t just the live game (most weeks) being Rangers/Celtic away.

50 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Granted, but I still hope the plan for the tv deal isn’t just the live game (most weeks) being Rangers/Celtic away.

It will be.

I'm not sure why this should come as a surprise. It's been a long time since Celtic played away at 3pm on a Saturday; different for Sevco because quite a few of their away games in the lower leagues weren't shown on TV.

Edited by The Master

Jesus, that’s surely not right?!

And it disrupts other clubs just as much. County went nearly three months without a home game on Saturday at 3pm.

I guess it will remain a problem as long as the league is opposed to broadcasting Saturday 3pm games.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Jesus, that’s surely not right?!

22 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

A dubious source I know but didn't see anyone challenge it in in the replies, this is almost 2 years old now as well.

It's actually spot on as far as I can see: Livingston (1st October 2005), Ross County (9th March 2012), Motherwell (29th September 2012), and Hibernian (29th December 2012).

Might be worth noting that Chris McLaughlin has tweeted that the £160 Million is the combined amount of the Sky/BBC/Premier Sports deal.

He further states that Sky's deal amounts to around £26M per season - therefore Sky are giving around the £130M mark.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Good, fùck them.

It's fans of other clubs who suffer, not Celtic supporters.  Or put it this way  – I'd be pretty chuffed if all St Johnstone's home matches kicked off at 3pm and all our away matches were on TV.

One of the reasons I gave up my season ticket a year back was because I couldn't make the rescheduled home games. The lack of regularity of home games I'm sure puts people out of the habit of going to games – as well significantly affecting gate revenue for the clubs.

Believe me, if these TV arrangements weren't to the benefit of the Old Firm and their fans, the TV arrangements would change.

I will not watch either cheek on the TV by choice - I'll even fast-forward their highlights on Sportscene. The TV offering was far better when the tribute act were dodging seagull sh!te down in League 2. I'll be cancelling BT Sport at the end of next season as they'll give me nothing that interests me. Really unsure about re-subbing to Sky Sports though. Their Old Firm obsession, Old Firm guests, pundits and a chunt of a lead commentator. :angry:

Edited by cmontheloknow