New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Giving it to Eleven Sports.... would be a hugely risky move given that they have absolutely no track record in broadcasting and therefore have a much higher chance of going down the pan . On top of that, they don't even have a TV channel, which would alienate a large number of the people who currently watch our game.

Good points. I'm willing to back the new boys but been there done that with Setanta I suppose.

My internet is too pish to get BT on the TV, I have to use Chromecast. So watching Eleven Sports is no different to watching BT for me, and so far so good, but you're right about alienating loads of people. Another huge reason it better not go to facebook or Amazon.

Hopefully BT sports only. Will then cancel Sky Sports or maybe Sky altogether. 

Sky have lost European football as well as Spanish Football yet their subscriptions remain the same. In any other walk of life a company offfering a lesser product would be forced to reduce their prices. 

Also the thought of watching any more of the 2 Kris’s depresses the f**k out of me. The match analysis with Hayley is so wooden and boring.......zzzzzzzzzzz

And the Scottish s*n are going with the following story. 

MONEY TALKS 
Sky Sports set to plough £100million into Scottish football as they blow BT Sport out of the picture in TV rights battle

The broadcasting giant has lined up a three-year deal worth £30m-plus per season to take over TV coverage of the Premiership from the 2020-21 campaign

SKY SPORTS are set to plough £100million into Scottish football.

They have lined up a three-year TV rights deal worth a whopping £30m-plus per season, blowing BT Sport out of the picture.

They would take over coverage of the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership from the 2020-21 campaign.

And it could leave fierce rival BT Sport with NOTHING.

The deal would see Sky Sports claiming at least 60 matches a season, including the coveted four Old Firm derbies, plus end of season Premiership play-offs.

The present joint TV agreement between the stations — with each screening 30 matches a season and BT Sport also covering the Premiership play-offs — is worth just £21 million a year.

Industry sources were last night indicating BT have been ‘blown out of the water’ with their attempt to extend their coverage and are bracing themselves for bad news.

An October deadline for bids to replace the existing joint Sky Sports-BT Sport contract which expires in 2020 has left SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster in a position to decide which is the most lucrative package.

An announcement confirming the next TV deal is expected soon.

An SPFL spokesperson said: “We are in regular dialogue with broadcasters with a view to securing the best deal for SPFL clubs and supporters from 2020.”

Both Sky and BT refused to comment.

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not as much as hoped and back to being treated with utter contempt with coverage of games, bravo Doncaster. 

The quoted figure of  about £33.3m a year would be over a 50% increase on the current deal, which is itself the biggest TV income the league has ever had. How much was being "hoped" for here?

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The quoted figure of  about £33.3m a year would be over a 50% increase on the current deal, which is itself the biggest TV income the league has ever had. How much was being "hoped" for here?

I'm going with this. Doncaster represents the clubs and if this is right, the SPFL have done naw bad.

BT Sport’s coverage is much more up my street than what Sky has to offer but if that story is true I don’t think the league/clubs have much option but to accept it. Unless of course there’s something even better on offer from elsewhere. 

Can't say I'm surprised with Sky losing the rights to La Liga they could probably do with the extra games and BT didn't seem bothered by the loss of Serie A, UFC so their commitment to sport does seem to be waning. Disappointing though as BT's coverage is far better.

I find it hard to get excited about any type of TV deal TBH. More money is obviously important but the Sky's utterly formulaic minimal-fucks-given coverage certainly wouldn't persuade me to start paying for Sky sports again after cancelling it a few years back.

Sky's coverage is basically an OF fan service - you get to see your team's away game every fortnight and as a result there is a virtual guarantee that your home game will be 3pm on a Saturday (post europa league games notwithstanding). You always get pundits that used to play for your team who don't waste time in researching the other teams as OF fans don't want to hear that shite). Lastly, with the saturation coverage your team receives and the fact that one half of the OF always play on a Sunday, there's no need or demand for a MOTD type highlights show - the diddies can watch minimal highlights whenever it can be squeezed in on a Sunday.  If the subscription basically funds English Football and OF TV, where is the attraction for the rest of us?

Lastly - you'd hope that if Sky can afford 30m/year, they can maybe employ someone in the graphics dept to match the correct fucking badge with each team now and again.

IMG-20170505-WA0000.jpg

I find it hard to get excited about any type of TV deal TBH. More money is obviously important but the Sky's utterly formulaic minimal-fucks-given coverage certainly wouldn't persuade me to start paying for Sky sports again after cancelling it a few years back.
Sky's coverage is basically an OF fan service - you get to see your team's away game every fortnight and as a result there is a virtual guarantee that your home game will be 3pm on a Saturday (post europa league games notwithstanding). You always get pundits that used to play for your team who don't waste time in researching the other teams as OF fans don't want to hear that shite). Lastly, with the saturation coverage your team receives and the fact that one half of the OF always play on a Sunday, there's no need or demand for a MOTD type highlights show - the diddies can watch minimal highlights whenever it can be squeezed in on a Sunday.  If the subscription basically funds English Football and OF TV, where is the attraction for the rest of us?
Lastly - you'd hope that if Sky can afford 30m/year, they can maybe employ someone in the graphics dept to match the correct fucking badge with each team now and again.
IMG-20170505-WA0000.jpg&key=0bc94e6d98108d18666e11a240b3f637111fa1e56894a76d04a25e80ab5f908a
Jesus. That picture.

Were Kilmarnock playing Dundee, Dundee United or Partick Thistle?

1 minute ago, Estragon said:

All of them. At once.

All #juggernauted

Given that 1 of them has been a laughing stock for years and the other 2 are hilariously shite just now too, I'd fancy Killie to win that 33 vs 11 match quite easily.

13 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Well aye. But I don't think BT would be willing to stump up what we're getting just now on their own, or even come close. I'd be delighted if I'm wrong about it, but I don't see it.

BT give a f**k as in they actually give the games a proper build up and don't start 4 mins before KO and cut out right on full time like Sky.

Couldn't care if it's an act or not, it's a far better product.

Sky's coverage is poor and their selection of games is often terrible, with analysis that is wooden and about 2 minutes long. It's basically a professional Rangers or Celtic TV too, where any other club is dealt with as an inconvenience and no knowledge.  Far from what they give English fans.   

BT Sport put much more effort into the promotion into the Scottish game. Whether they care isn't the issue, no business does it out the benefit of their heart, but they had far more polished broadcasts and even did Championship games when it suited. It didn't feel any different to their coverage of English football and the build up and analysis was decent. 

The clubs can't do anything but take the money, however it won't be a great thing.