New tv deal

Who should get the Scottish Premiership tv deal?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Tv deal

• BT sport only
    • Sky Sports only
    • Joint deal again
    • Other (state who in the comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/18 at 19:39

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

BT don't give a f**k. They give that impression because it's in their own interests to do so, but let's not pretend that they care.

Alright, they pretend to give a f**k. Unlike Sky Sports, who don't even pretend that they care.

Edited by BawWatchin

Just now, BawWatchin said:

Alright, they pretend to give a f**k. Unlike Sky Sports, who don't even pretend that they couldn't care less.

Well aye. But I don't think BT would be willing to stump up what we're getting just now on their own, or even come close. I'd be delighted if I'm wrong about it, but I don't see it.

11 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

BT don't give a f**k. They give that impression because it's in their own interests to do so, but let's not pretend that they care.

What do you mean here? Surely any media outlet will care only as much as the broadcasts are commercially viable? 

It's the marketing of our game that is letting us down when it comes to the TV deals. We should be selling ourselves as the impoverished, fetid sister-league of England to be roundly mocked at every opportunity. Schedule our games to compete with You've Been Framed on a Sunday afternoon and we could be on to something. 

9 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I'd quite like Eleven to win them, as I hate indirectly funding the shite that is English football with my subscriptions to those services. I'd cancel Sky and BT immediately.

I'd be happy for Eleven Sports to get it, or at least be serious about bidding for it to help drive the price up. I'd also be happy for BT to get exclusivity, but definitely not Sky, and Facebook & Amazon can get tae feck aswell.

Whatever happens, I hope we see an end to the habit of only showing the Old Firm when they're away. Shite for fans of everyone else who actually want to go to these games at 3pm on a Saturday, and kinda pish that Old Firm fans never get their home games moved except when they play each other 

Giving it to Eleven Sports would be a dreadful idea - they're a bunch of cowboys who have already shown a complete lack of regard for football associations in this country. Apart from that, it would be a hugely risky move given that they have absolutely no track record in broadcasting and therefore have a much higher chance of going down the pan . On top of that, they don't even have a TV channel, which would alienate a large number of the people who currently watch our game.

Giving it to Eleven Sports would be a dreadful idea - they're a bunch of cowboys who have already shown a complete lack of regard for football associations in this country. Apart from that, it would be a hugely risky move given that they have absolutely no track record in broadcasting and therefore have a much higher chance of going down the pan . On top of that, they don't even have a TV channel, which would alienate a large number of the people who currently watch our game.
Sounds like it ticks all the right boxes then.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

But...but...Scottish football should be different don’t you know...

I would be shocked if the new deal moved away from showing all of the (don't call it the) Old Firm's away games.
BT's coverage is of a higher standard, but I'm a pessimist so I'll say they won't want to spend dolla on us.
BT having the Betfred Cup and Premiership with BT and the BBC sharing the Scottish Cup, would be wonderful.
I'm sure I recently read something saying that BT went overboard on the Champions League, so I'm a bit worried that we'll have another Setanta situation.