QP v Peterheid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not easy to win games if a couple players have an off day, today not one of our players turned up & we were dreadful. Too many watching the game rather than getting involved, I suffered to the bitter end but we had a number of supporters that decided with 20 minutes to go they had had enough & that's not something I have seen before. Right from the start we stood off QP and they accepted the challenge to attack us at will. Not sure about the first goal but Greg looked as if he could have done better but difficult to see 2nd should certainly have been taken care of. We can agree the ref was of the usual dire standard but would disagree he did us any favours . Certainly a bad day at the office & performances like todays will have us going in one direction in the league & its not up.

Dammit. There's me thinking we played with gusto, pressed very high up the park, passed long, passed short, right and left, kept another clean sheet, scored two goals and played The Toon out the game.

Turns out Peterhead just had a bad day. Jings!

PS if that's how professionals play thank heavens my team are amateurs.

Mark seems to have installed a tremendous team spirit in such a short time. Much more to come from this team, every week still learning, the sky's the limit.

Mark showed another string to his bow today. Most of the front guys were tiring and with PFC putting on all 3 subs it looked obvious to make a couple of changes to energise the front line again. But he held his nerve waiting to see if they would score. At 75 and with still a two goal gap he throws in Gregor to choke the middle and sit in front of the defence. Tactically sound but also supreme confidence in what he was doing. I really like this guy.

The ref must have spotted this genius too and tried to balance things by taking Big Dom out the game but the guys saw it out easy enough. Shame for the big fella. Dreadful decision.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dammit. There's me thinking we played with gusto, pressed very high up the park, passed long, passed short, right and left, kept another clean sheet, scored two goals and played The Toon out the game.

PS if that's how professionals play thank heavens my team are amateurs.

Cannot deny any of the above the only thing that is questioned by some is the amateur status. It looks like a its going to be a roller coaster league this season without a real stand-out team.

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Mark showed another string to his bow today. Most of the front guys were tiring and with PFC putting on all 3 subs it looked obvious to make a couple of changes to energise the front line again. But he held his nerve waiting to see if they would score. At 75 and with still a two goal gap he throws in Gregor to choke the middle and sit in front of the defence. Tactically sound but also supreme confidence in what he was doing. I really like this guy.

The ref must have spotted this genius too and tried to balance things by taking Big Dom out the game but the guys saw it out easy enough. Shame for the big fella. Dreadful decision.

Dom had just been booked couple of minutes before and then lunged into a needless challenge inside the oppositions half...regardless whether there was contact or not it was completely avoidable and hopefully he learns quickly from that mistake!

Dom had just been booked couple of minutes before and then lunged into a needless challenge inside the oppositions half...regardless whether there was contact or not it was completely avoidable and hopefully he learns quickly from that mistake!

Whit? If there's no contact it's not a foul. This was a ref who had not seen upward of 20 two-handed pushes before that without giving a foul but he was able to make an instant decision even though two other players were obscuring his line of sight. Looking forward to the highlights.

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Whit? If there's no contact it's not a foul. This was a ref who had not seen upward of 20 two-handed pushes before that without giving a foul but he was able to make an instant decision even though two other players were obscuring his line of sight. Looking forward to the highlights.

Sorry but think you will find that a reckless tackle is an offence that merits a caution even if no contact!..IMO he got that one right but overall he had a poor game and Peterhead got away with countless pushes and obstructions which he should have clamped down on early in the game.

Everyone did their jobs and we got the breaks at the right times. Could have scored a couple more as well, but they could have been back in the game if it hadn’t been for Hart as well. He’s been worth his weight in gold, this season.

No need for us to change anything for next week. A case of keep on working hard and doing what we’re doing because it’s working. Credit to Marko and the players for that.

In terms of McLaren. I think he’s been naive/silly, call it what you will. He gave an admittedly terrible referee a decision to make.

Think the two yellows are merited, a wee bit reckless for the second yellow. He'll learn from that though as he's been solid as a rock since coming into the team and if he keeps his form up, I struggle to see Gibson getting back in once he's available again. Loads of potential and ability in this team and really looking forward to seeing how we cope against higher opposition in the coming weeks. 

Nowhere near "reckless". His impetus from the first win of the ball made it look much more dramatic. The guy involved - ironically PFC's dirtiest player- was up on his feet immediately waving his imaginary card. No-one else around was even claiming a foul.

Referees are their to enforce the rules. Whenever they miss something important their defence is always "well if I don't see it I cant't give it". His decision was made rashly because of Dom's size and momentum. Many worse tackles yesterday ignored. If anyone has to learn from this it's the ref.

His poor decision thankfully didn't alter this game but it might alter the fixture where Dom misses out. The defence is rock solid just now and it's going to be disrupted thanks to this p***k's stupidity.

16 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Nowhere near "reckless". His impetus from the first win of the ball made it look much more dramatic. The guy involved - ironically PFC's dirtiest player- was up on his feet immediately waving his imaginary card. No-one else around was even claiming a foul.

Referees are their to enforce the rules. Whenever they miss something important their defence is always "well if I don't see it I cant't give it". His decision was made rashly because of Dom's size and momentum. Many worse tackles yesterday ignored. If anyone has to learn from this it's the ref.

His poor decision thankfully didn't alter this game but it might alter the fixture where Dom misses out. The defence is rock solid just now and it's going to be disrupted thanks to this p***k's stupidity.

I think if Mclaren hadn't already been booked most people would of accepted that the tackle was worthy of a yellow card. Ref was absolutely dire however 

In terms of McLaren. I think he’s been naive/silly, call it what you will. He gave an admittedly terrible referee a decision to make.
Agree with that assessment anyone know what games McLaren will miss and how close Gibby is to fitness?
Thought we had winners all over the park yesterday could easily have given MoM to Kieran Moore or James Grant
Peterhead physicality makes them hard to like and you can see they’ve got quality players but our energy and pressing knocked them out of their stride
Also any team with squad numbers 33 and 99 at this level of football deserves to get pumped!

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Agree with that assessment anyone know what games McLaren will miss and how close Gibby is to fitness?
Thought we had winners all over the park yesterday could easily have given MoM to Kieran Moore or James Grant
Peterhead physicality makes them hard to like and you can see they’ve got quality players but our energy and pressing knocked them out of their stride
Also any team with squad numbers 33 and 99 at this level of football deserves to get pumped!

Unsure on both counts. What it does do is potentially give Magee a chance to come into a team that’s playing well alongside a guy who knows the level like the back of his hand. He had to be put in last season because we didn’t really have an option, but the bottom end of League One is a place where inexperience can be exposed quite badly and confidence knocked. I’m hoping he might be another one who might give the manager selection headaches down the line.

On 10/11/2018 at 22:13, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let's hope Peterheid have a few more bad days then!!!  

Seriously though,  well done to QP!  You're playing well just now, the in form team in the league!

Archived