QP v Peterheid

Extremely tough task against a team looking like it’s starting to click a wee bit. Good result up there on the opening day, which probably wasn’t the worst time to get them.

From our perspective, we’ll obviously want to keep the unbeaten run going as we enter an really difficult stretch of games. We’ve performed well against stronger sides, the likes of St Mirren, TNS and up at Balmoor and seem to dig in really well in these games. 

Even when we’ve had really good sides we’ve always seemed to struggle against them, so I’d be happy with a point and ecstatic with a win.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Although I would love to agree wholeheartedly - Clyde also arrived on a winning streak and we sent them homeward to think again...

We’ve been consistently flinging Clyde around like a wet tracky top for years, though. I’d actually completely forgotten we’d beaten Peterhead at Hampden on their last visit, having missed the game. Not a great Hampden record, beyond that, against them in recent times. 

19 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let's consider very recent times. Like, this season. They've won all five league games away, scoring 16 against 4. This'll be as tough as it gets.

It sure will. I would be absolutely delighted to come out of this with anything positive to keep the confidence going into the cup ties

Moore on from the start would be just grand.  

Guest TOPFITTER

I'd happily settle for Peterhead grinding out a 1-0 Montrosesque effort, however there is a lot more than that in this current squad. As ever a competent defensive display will be the bedrock for the rest of the team to improve their goal difference and add another 3 points. Should the Blue Toon's defences be breached then hopefully Del and Rory et al will be in a we'll score one more than you mood !!! My forecast  Queens Park 1-3 Peterhead.

12 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

My forecast  Queens Park 1-3 Peterhead.

I'm grateful for that. The safety net of being underdogs has been pulled away recently and it's been disconcerting. Time we found our place again, upstarts that we are.

And I'd encourage Peterhead players to continue in their belief that a win is assured and QP have no capability whatsoever to reverse your forecast. Come choked with smugness. Eat and drink well on Friday. Be on tha razz until 3am. Fight with bouncers. Enjoy a restless journey on the coach. Ignore all traffic warnings. An easy shift is guaranteed on Saturday. Take it easy.

8 hours ago, Joe coconuts said:

Qp kicked their arse up at Peterhead, unlucky not to steal it in the last 10 mins with Curtis's chip over the keeper, nothing to fear, Qp are far stronger now, get right into them fishy folk

Was an even game from what I recall. Comparatively speaking to most of our visits, I suppose that constitutes an arse kicking tbf. Was sure the chip was in when he hit it.

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm grateful for that. The safety net of being underdogs has been pulled away recently and it's been disconcerting. Time we found our place again, upstarts that we are.

And I'd encourage Peterhead players to continue in their belief that a win is assured and QP have no capability whatsoever to reverse your forecast. Come choked with smugness. Eat and drink well on Friday. Be on tha razz until 3am. Fight with bouncers. Enjoy a restless journey on the coach. Ignore all traffic warnings. An easy shift is guaranteed on Saturday. Take it easy.

Am 100% sure that Jim & the players will not be thinking along those lines or the majority of our support we are Peterhead not Clyde.  We have been picking up results without really hitting top form but it would be handy to pick up another win before having a couple weeks away from the league to stay at the top.

QP have the capability to beat anyone in this league but will need to be at it for the full 90 mins...shape and personnel may need to be tweaked for this game although doubt Mark will want to change things too much having had some early successes with his playing philospphy.

IMO some of the performances latterly have blown hot and cold and he has got away with a couple of results..lets see what transpires and heres hoping we send them home with nought!

Guest TOPFITTER

Bizarre reply to a somewhat restrained post, now I hope The Blue Toon hit something like top form to compete with the Mighty Clydesque Queens Park Groundsellers.

Archived