Clyde v Stirling Albion

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:
7 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:
Time wasting didn’t even really have an affect on our goal. We scored in the 91st minute.

Game lasts for 90. No??

This will be a debate worth following with interest........

Game lasts for 90. No??

Yeah, but I would have said the first minutes of additional time were for subs. Not many matches will have finished on 90 minutes with or without gamesmanship.

Regardless, we scored. 1st, 91st or 93rd. As long as it’s us scoring that’s all that matters.

Decent highlights package.

That was a perfectly good goal Stirling had ruled out, grant far too easily beaten at the back post.

Think criticism of Currie at the goal is harsh, was blasted at him from pretty close range, he was just unlucky it fell to their player.

Who was the trialist at no18 for Albion?

That was a perfectly good goal Stirling had ruled out, grant far too easily beaten at the back post.

Think criticism of Currie at the goal is harsh, was blasted at him from pretty close range, he was just unlucky it fell to their player.

Blasted ? I think it's poor goalkeeping and grant doesn't react infact watches the ball come in and only moves when the Stirling player goes for the ball . I still don't see much wrong with Stirling goal
A terrific delivery from Rankin for the one cogill hits the post. I thought Rankin did ok on Saturday I think the criticism of DGW is laughable look at the gets virtually nothing to his feet and no support when he has the ball can't remember the last time one of our midfielders went beyond him
Positives cogill looks like he is getting back to his best, Kris S looks a player We need to sort out the left back position
But we really need to get a settled 11 I would play same team Saturday If Stewart is fit I would replace grant If not then there is really no other option than stick with grant at left back

17 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Agree.

Agree.

Obviously.

Michael McIndoe, ex-Doncaster Rovers.

Cogill is arguably as much at fault for the goal as Currie. He was originally marking the Stirling player who crossed the ball, but chose to run back towards his own goal leaving them acres of space, so when the cross came in Cogill was doing literally nothing.

That would have been fine if he’d passed on his marking to a midfielder, but they were too slow to react and get back. Then you have McNiff caught on the back foot, allowing the first effort to come in far too easily, before Currie parries it. Finally Grant, who’s starting position was actually good, being too slow to react to the rebound.

Currie will be disappointed but there’s blame all round for that goal.

1 hour ago, maxruby said:

Yes it was. It says so on the Official site. Why the debate?

Seemingly because information had led Stirling Albion to put up the 541 figure- wherever that had come from. 

But then- airing the dirty laundry (literally, as it could appear in this case) seems to be the way of the all-new transparent, yet quasi-authoritarian blueprint being displayed in certain quarters. 

This attention to detail was certainly lacking in previous seasons- well, among the mainstream it was, anyway. 

Currie definitely at fault with that goal.  And not for the first time this season!
he wasn't solely at fault for the goal the defending wasn't clever but it as poor goalkeeping, didn't really had a lot to do on Saturday In summary not the worst I have seen ,bang average goalkeeper but seems to have quite a fan club amongst the support.

11 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
6 hours ago, DeanMck said:
Currie definitely at fault with that goal.  And not for the first time this season!

he wasn't solely at fault for the goal the defending wasn't clever but it as poor goalkeeping, didn't really had a lot to do on Saturday In summary not the worst I have seen ,bang average goalkeeper but seems to have quite a fan club amongst the support.

Joining the ranks of John Sweeney, Iain Gray, Pat Scullion, Jamie Barclay, David Gormley and Scott Ferguson. 

We used to be a knowledgable support. 

Archived