Clyde v Stirling Albion

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any Clyde fans heading from East Kilbride, the expressway down to the Raith is closed in both directions. Expected to be closed for several hours.

Tweets say avoid the area completely. Car apparently driving the wrong way near Whistleberry Rd.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:34, JakeSAFC said:

And still won player of the season according to his peers. Can't call him a one season wonder when he's missed the vast majority of the games this season. The king is back, all hail the king.

I think most of the Clyde players voted for him tbh

Stirling much improved from August and generally looked pretty solid. Over the piece, a draw was probably a fair result and I did enjoy the equaliser. Very disappointing to not get a win when a lot of other results went our way but it moves us a point closer to Peterhead and a point further away from Elgin and Annan. I miss Goodwillie scoring goals and the Stirling fans were funny at the disallowed goal.

Yet another shocking home performance, the only positive being that we fluked a goal and didn't lose. Stirling are obviously much-improved and very organised, but we only created two credible scoring chances in the match in Cogill's header and then the Hail Mary at the end. To go from blowing away an (admittedly weakened) Edinburgh side away from home last week to that garbage today is frustrating beyond belief. Need a miracle cure for Stewart's back complaint ASAP as we are much more vulnerable without him at the back. For Clyde, the centre halves did well and that was about it - and even then, the following-in for Stirling's goal was non-existent. Would have to see it again to apportion any blame, though.

6 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Stirling much improved from August and generally looked pretty solid. Over the piece, a draw was probably a fair result and I did enjoy the equaliser. Very disappointing to not get a win when a lot of other results went our way but it moves us a point closer to Peterhead and a point further away from Elgin and Annan. I miss Goodwillie scoring goals and the Stirling fans were funny at the disallowed goal.

Shouldn’t be drawing these games- nearly had all other results go our way.... it’s not good enough if we have thoughts of Div 1 next year.

Didn’t see anything wrong with Stirling’s disallowed goal in the first half. We nicked a point at the end and didn’t think we deserved much from the game so I’ll take it. Big chance missed though with other results going our way.

Lamont and mcstay non existent. Jon Rankin continuously losing the ball in central midfield never ceases to amaze me for an ex spl player. Despite the victory last week the last four games concern me.

Stirling deserved all three today. Gave Goodwillie a few knocks and Clyde had/have very little else..

Much was made at the time about the comeback at Berwick. We lack the consistency at the moment while being devoid of creativity...

Again well done Stirling, what a change from Dave Mackay.

Only reason I could see was that the Stirling player had climbed on the back of grant to get the header. Would like to see it again though. 

I don’t think Stirling necessarily deserved to win, as bad as we were. The long ball was the only tactic they had. 

Enjoyed the equaliser but we need a lot more, we are far too soft in the tackle and winning headers. 

33 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Only reason I could see was that the Stirling player had climbed on the back of grant to get the header. Would like to see it again though. 

I don’t think Stirling necessarily deserved to win, as bad as we were. The long ball was the only tactic they had. 

Enjoyed the equaliser but we need a lot more, we are far too soft in the tackle and winning headers. 

Long ball...only tactic? Hardly mate. Jardine, McIndoe and McGlaughlin all had plenty of the ball today in the midfield and caused issues for you.

Certainly dont rely on the long ball as much as Clyde rely on the long ball for Goodwillie to chase.

But in any case, we are improving and i would have taken the point before the game

I thought today was a really tough, physical game and anyone who thinks that Stirling are only the 8th best team in the division is a mug. The contrast to last week when we were able to get the ball into our attacking midfield trio and letting them play Goodwillie through was night and day. Both sides defended well, with Stirling's game plan of shutting off our full-backs and letting Nicoll try to find Syvertsen/McStay/Lamont worked well as his passing was absolute guff today.

McStay was equally rubbish in possession which was a shame as he was involved in the game. Lamont had a great run in the first couple of minutes that should've seen the Stirling player booked but after that was completely anonymous; we should have given him a stint a bit deeper/centrally though. Syvertsen had some nice touches but again wasn't given the ball enough. I've got sympathy for Goodwillie as he hardly had a decent ball to play off all game, and both Stirling centre halves basically on him the whole time. 

I thought Rankin had a good game. Cogill was outstanding, took his goal well and we had the wee cameo of Rumsby coming on and with no-one near him, heading the ball straight to a Stirling player to emphasise that he should have been starting months ago. McNiff good as well. Full-backs were challenged and stood up to it, and Currie had a couple of decent stops. Nicoll defended  very well. 

That havoc after we scored yet continued to play McNiff up front and with no left-back; we could easily have lost the game in stoppage time. Did Lennon realise we'd scored?

Stirling are much better with the new manager, some new signings and some fit players. Jardine very good, Mackin a decent target man to play off. Didn't think McIndoe had a good game at all though, seemed to want too much time on the ball.

A point each fair over the 90 minutes as there really wasn't much between the teams but Stirling will obviously feel they should have won. 

P.S. The half-time draw is genius stuff. Twice in less than a year :oops:ass

Didn't go today, so can't comment on the game. But from the pictures I have seen of the disallowed goal, it certainly doesn't look like there's anything wrong from them.

Would've taken a draw before the game but to drop the 2 points in the last minutes is absolutely gutting. On a positive, a few weeks back we'd have probably been tanked. Onto the next one.

Archived