Clyde v Stirling Albion

Looking forward to this should be a decent game and a decent crowd, both teams having good results & performances last Saturday, think Stirling are in a false position in the league, however if we play anywhere near our best then i'd be confident of the 3 points

'Mon The Fuckn Clyde !!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think Stirling are in a false position in the league

Nah, I’m afraid we deserve to be exactly where we are in the league, because we’ve been honking for much of the season so far, HOWEVER, we do have a good core of a squad who are more than capable of getting us up the league and back pushing for a Play Off spot and, going by the two games since KR came in, we seem to have rediscovered the fight, the belief and the organisation that has been seriously lacking so far.

I think it’s probably a game that Clyde will be favourites for, and quite rightly so, but if everyone can hit the same levels they did against Berwick then they’ll be in for a game, after that, who knows what will happen.

Certainly a wave of optimism sweeping through Forthbank at the moment.

Are Berwick that bad or have Stirling Albion turned the corner?

The truth is probably somewhere in between mate. Far to soon to say we have turned the corner as football is full of teams who have had a lift when a new manager comes in, and although Berwick were poor on the day, they weren’t THAT bad that we just had to show up for the points. However, as I alluded to in my post above, early signs under KR are very impressive.

Clyde always a tough opponent at Broadwood. Goodwillie will undoubtedly score. Start with the same team that started Saturday and bring on the king, who deservedly won League 2 player of the season, on to finish them off.

Hah. What’s the reference to cleaning the changing rooms? Got to be a story there!

Stirling chairman tweeted pics of a messy changing room after a fixture at forthbank few seasons ago...

Clyde always a tough opponent at Broadwood. Goodwillie will undoubtedly score. Start with the same team that started Saturday and bring on the king, who deservedly won League 2 player of the season, on to finish them off.
Im afraid you have had the one season wonder [emoji23] wasn't even top goalscorer in the league [emoji23]

Im afraid you have had the one season wonder [emoji23] wasn't even top goalscorer in the league [emoji23]

And still won player of the season according to his peers. Can't call him a one season wonder when he's missed the vast majority of the games this season. The king is back, all hail the king.

And still won player of the season according to his peers. Can't call him a one season wonder when he's missed the vast majority of the games this season. The king is back, all hail the king.
So what's his career record 70 odd goals over what 10 years almost a third of which came last season [emoji23]

But good news for you he is back playing

So what's his career record 70 odd goals over what 10 years almost a third of which came last season [emoji23]

But good news for you he is back playing

Shows the talent that handsome b*****d has. He's like a fine wine or a malt, the older he gets the better he becomes.

We at last put in a proper all-round performance last Saturday, albeit against an abject Berwick side decimated by absences.  This will be an altogether different proposition, and I fancy Clyde will sneak this 2-1.  Stirling to take the lead through Alex Bone, but a bullet header from Pat Keogh and a late deflected effort from Tom Brighton giving Clyde 3 points, and resulting in Graham Roberts being sent to the stand for over-celebrating.

Fancy Goody to put his recent goalscoring drought to bed tomorrow.  He was unfortunate not to bag a couple last week and the signs were that he was getting back to form.

No idea what to expect from Stirling.  A good win last win last week albeit against a weakened, and already struggling, Berwick.

Would keep the starting lineup from last week, injuries permitting.  

2-0 Clyde, Goody and McNiff.   

Archived