The Clyde Riviera

AsimButtHitsASix

image.thumb.png.bcec90df639967b44547baf6ba882817.png

Went 1-0 up and was all over them before a horrendous keeper error let them back in. At half time it was their only shot of the game while I had missed a few good chances. They come out in the 2nd half with a 3-4-3 and are swarming over me. I manage to hold them down to just one goal, should have been more, before equalizing from a corner with ten minutes to go.

Asking my DMC to be more defensive blocked the holes in my defence and I just ran away with it after that. David Sheerin got a hat trick to get his 30th goal of the season and the third promotion on the bounce is complete.

image.thumb.png.8c93de3e24b96b3bf7a72b70895b86fc.png

Would not have managed the promotion without getting Taylor on loan from Morton and Fullerton in in January. I'd been playing DCs and AMRs in midfield every now and then in the first half of the season and they let me play folk in their natural position and, most importantly, played well when they got in the team as well. 

Brophy and Foy were getting bids from 1st division clubs and wanted to leave so agreed they could go at season's end and accepted bids that allowed them to do so rather than in January. I know I said last year I would just be going for a stable season but I really mean it this time. I really can't see us going up again. Managed to sign club icon Scott McLean on a bosman. That's the third time I've signed him. So hopefully he can manage a step up as well

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.9439a826e19a83b6aa1fb0a48aa1622c.png

Lost Foy and Brophy but got Foy back on loan. Scott MacLean and Craig Brown are a club icon/favoured personnel. Luke Barclay and Nathan Baird are also two ex players returning after moves up the league failed. Kieran McCulloch looks, on paper, every bit as good as David Sheerin so worth a wee punt on. 

image.thumb.png.4aaed239f4fa2a26b1632d25fc4a8bd1.png 

33/1 is still better odds than ye woulda got on Leicester a coupla years ago but, honestly, there are some full time clubs in the league and I really would settle for a boring mid table campaign. Having said that... pre season was honking

image.png.b28c61c7d3199271c7fcfcbb348f4c7f.png

Playing this at work, almost through the season, but no wifi access means I can't load up screenies as I go.

However I've KB'd the Motherwell job, was interviewed for the Aberdeen job but signed a new contract and now the Hearts fans are delirious with joy that I said I was interested in their job during an interview. Might take it offered but would save this before I leave to come back to it later perhaps.

As I said I was playing this at work and then saved it so I could see how my game went if I took the Hearts job (going great thanks). So returning to the original game now, giving Hearts the "get tae f**k" and gonna finish off the season. So how is that season looking?

image.png.f20874fec3d6f71ab1d1031cd816cfe7.png

image.png.9c530d14b6f7c67d25bb9a67c1a78eac.png

Alright? Exactly as I presumed really. Was just outside the play offs before the Edusport game but four without a win saw me drop away a bit. Tight league so still in with a chance of sneaking into the play offs...

image.png.4bbaf2fbefcbbf5af0882f064514597c.png

As for the cups this season?

image.png.5d50a34e2256a47569da03bedd631370.png

9-0 v Aberdeen Uni is my biggest ever win but, staying with the Scottish, a dull game against some southern no marks and then getting papped out at home by Brechin was boring. Not as boring as the shite draw and pish defeat in the first two Challenge Cup games that saw me eliminated with two games to go. Came 2nd in the group tho

Fucked it with a 4-2 defeat away to Clyde. Gonna finish midtable. Gonna lose ma best players. My "team leaders" and "influential players" are not as good as the young fellas I want to play ahead of them but the young players still need some experience alongside them. What happens next season? Stay tuned...

image.thumb.png.806cd3913d4b17a48da55f35567f8874.png