Arbroath vs Montrose

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Highlights

For all the ball Montrose had in that second half they had a very good ball across the face of goal cleared, a right footed effort from Callaghan from 25 yards out and a shot from Steeves palmed into the side netting. Never ever a pen, Rennie falls over looking for it when they're both giving it as good as each other

Think that shows how solid we've been as a team recently. Montrose could finish anywhere from promotion play off to relegation play off I think. They're decent, best team they've ever had in my time watching football.

That first goal is lovely, can't see it great on the highlights but Wallace is running toward the monument and the wee first touch he has leaves Dillon still running there, great ball out to DD and then DD with a great finish considering he's been off it recently. Had a good game yesterday I thought and that finish was very similar to his one against Montrose in the 4-0 game start of last season

Second goal is just great for other reasons, seemed to take an eternity to get in but huge relief when it did. Doris just sniffing out chances

Good win

Great result and on a personal note a great day in the hospitality. Ricky Little was given man of the match and I think he probably deserved it. I’d have given it to Thompson myself. Wallace’s ball for the opener is superb and Denholm does well with the finish.

Highlights

For all the ball Montrose had in that second half they had a very good ball across the face of goal cleared, a right footed effort from Callaghan from 25 yards out and a shot from Steeves palmed into the side netting. Never ever a pen, Rennie falls over looking for it when they're both giving it as good as each other

Think that shows how solid we've been as a team recently. Montrose could finish anywhere from promotion play off to relegation play off I think. They're decent, best team they've ever had in my time watching football.

That first goal is lovely, can't see it great on the highlights but Wallace is running toward the monument and the wee first touch he has leaves Dillon still running there, great ball out to DD and then DD with a great finish considering he's been off it recently. Had a good game yesterday I thought and that finish was very similar to his one against Montrose in the 4-0 game start of last season

Second goal is just great for other reasons, seemed to take an eternity to get in but huge relief when it did. Doris just sniffing out chances

Good win
Agree not a pen for me either don't think O'Brien touched him to be fair.
Plenty off the ball and chances second half just couldn't convert them.

3 clean sheets on the bounce, at no point in that game did I feel montrose were a threat. Montrose have had a few good results yesterday but their forward line is really poor and will have to be strengthened in January. Montrose were quite lucky to finish the game with 11 men, Terry Masson should’ve been sent off for kicking out at McKenna and Dillon should’ve gotten a second yellow for trying to slice down McKenna in the run up to our second goal. Great to see Doris get another goal, can’t be long before he is in the starting XI.

3 clean sheets on the bounce, at no point in that game did I feel montrose were a threat. Montrose have had a few good results yesterday but their forward line is really poor and will have to be strengthened in January. Montrose were quite lucky to finish the game with 11 men, Terry Masson should’ve been sent off for kicking out at McKenna and Dillon should’ve gotten a second yellow for trying to slice down McKenna in the run up to our second goal. Great to see Doris get another goal, can’t be long before he is in the starting XI.

Where does he go tho? Do we drop either McKenna or Wallace? Do we push McKenna out side dropping Denholm? Do we go 3 up top?

mckenna wasn’t signed as a striker but has done a good job has to be said credit to the lad playing out of position. when doris if fit it will be him and wallace upfront no doubt about that . would never drop mckenna see him playing either outwide or behind doris and wallace. running on to there set ups.but hey what a problem to have such a high quality of a squad who knows.

Looked like a pretty solid performance from Arbroath without Montrose really threatening. Lots of hoofball at the start and end of the match though. 

I had always wanted to visit Gayfield and its a perfect little ground. Glad I got to see it with a good crowd too. 

Got a lot of time for Petrie. Always thought he should have been given the opportunity to have the managers job after Sheerin. He deserved it.

Sheerin was in hospitality yesterday. Looks well and still speaks very highly of the club. A genuine Lichtie legend and a personal hero of mine

I actually thought Falky was a better player than the gaffer during their time at the club
I can see that argument as Falky was fantastic. What I mean is footballing ability. Sheerin was at the end of his career but the first two seasons with us I don't think there was a player with more skill or who could pick a better pass.

I can see that argument as Falky was fantastic. What I mean is footballing ability. Sheerin was at the end of his career but the first two seasons with us I don't think there was a player with more skill or who could pick a better pass.

An absolute wand of a left foot.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:

Agree not a pen for me either don't think O'Brien touched him to be fair.
Plenty off the ball and chances second half just couldn't convert them.

I was on the terrace just a few yards away. It wasn't a penalty but it wasn't a booking for diving either. Rennie is very raw still at this level and simply was out-muscled by an experienced defender doing his job. Not moaning about the other penalty shout either but I've seen them given, particularly against us.

As I said in an earlier post our problem is that we are weak up top and the ball just comes back immediately. We get away with it against poor sides but not against Arbroath who should deservedly win the league unless they implode. Which, they might well have done in the second half - poor tactics I thought when another 4-0 looked on the cards.

Archived