Arbroath vs Montrose

Is he still playing?

Over the years Mo have always had 1 boy that used to worry me, think they're a better team overall now obviously but missing a Boyle/Baird/Fraser type player that would get you a bit worried

Know Arbroath fans didn't really rate Fraser me included but he always seemed to look good against us
I really really wish he was still playing [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we keep the amazing unbeaten league run going.. into the 13th game of the season (oops)? Looking back over the head-to-head record in this fixture over the past decade+, seems like the draw is the most common result at Gayf Probably a few more home wins but Mo have lifted the points on a good few occasions. We’ll need to be at it.

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is he still playing?

Over the years Mo have always had 1 boy that used to worry me, think they're a better team overall now obviously but missing a Boyle/Baird/Fraser type player that would get you a bit worried

Know Arbroath fans didn't really rate Fraser me included but he always seemed to look good against us

No, he retired at the end of last season. You could tell the legs were going towards the end of the season but he still played a huge part in us winning the title. I would agree that we don't have that one player who could make a huge difference, such as Boyle, but arguably we have the best team we have had for ages that play and fight together as a team. I would rather have that than rely on one player coming up with the goods all the time. Not that I would mind a bit more quality in the team, especially up front.

Gav to run the show in the middle of the park, Wallace to frustrate the home support before either scoring or setting up a goal, Thomas O’Brien to win everything in the air, Danny Denholm to run about and Michael McKenna to score.

That’s how it will go

22 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Not seen hammy do a hammy for a few games

He had a really good chance to do so last week early doors when people were still changing ends and he didn't take it despite the guy clearly fouling him he stayed on his feet. Very, very disappointing.

9 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

He had a really good chance to do so last week early doors when people were still changing ends and he didn't take it despite the guy clearly fouling him he stayed on his feet. Very, very disappointing.

Aye, it was a stick on Hammy, but no, he was very restrained 

Be a really tough game against the league leaders. Best team I have seen this season and deserve to be top of the league. Hoping they have an off day and we can be the first team to beat them in the league this season.

Be a really tough game against the league leaders. Best team I have seen this season and deserve to be top of the league. Hoping they have an off day and we can be the first team to beat them in the league this season.

We’ve not been at our best for a few games but still grinding out results #signofchampions

My predictions for the day.

Gayfield to be the location of an intensely localised weather anomaly, basking in 25deg C heat with little or no wind.
Montrose support to give no stick at all to Arbroath’s Gavin Swankie.
Multiple casualties as thousands cross the treacherous A92 from Tutties as a friendly game of dodgeball breaks out between the opposing fans on the dual carriageway.
17 seagulls will observe the Armistice minutes silence, but Hamish won’t.
Arbroath to take an early lead through a deflection off the referee.
Arbroath to stand aside & let Montrose score from kick off as they feel the goal was undeserved.
Dick Campbell & Stewart Petrie to provide the HT entertainment with a Justin Timberlake / Janice Jackson style duet, resulting in it being known Dick Campbell has a third nipple.
A further 8 goals apiece in the second half results in a 9-9 draw, everyone leaves happy.@Mo83 to be bedded by 8pm.

Either that or a windswept, wet, local derby that Arbroath will win by the odd goal (unfortunately).

Archived