Arbroath vs Montrose

Derby day down Gayfield as the table topping Lichties welcome Montrose to the Stadium of Licht. I don’t imagine Montrose being as bad as they were on opening day when we eased to a 4-0 victory. The big decision will be if a fit again Whately replaces Gold in the middle of the park.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we were just overwhelmed by the occasion on the opening day of the season, unveiling the flag after our first title win in yonks. It probable affected the players and I would hope we'd make a better fist of it in this game. It will be a tough game, but with a couple of wins on the trot confidence should be a bit higher. 37-0 win for Montrose, Rennaldinho with 36 and Dillon to score.

I’d stick with the same team. It would be incredibly harsh to drop gold, if he brings whatley back in it should be for denholm and put gold out wide. I also expect it to be a tough game from an improved montrose side

Same team for me too. Gold was excellent on Saturday I thought, knows he has to be to get into the team too which is what you need. If he doesn't play well Whatley will get his chance again... and then Whatley will know he has to play well to stay in side

I think we are winning again, think it'll be comfortable too, Montrose going forward seem a bit powder puff and whilst they seem very organised and hard to beat fancy us to score against anyone

Saturday looks ok weather wise, cloudy but only 15mph winds

It’s a really hard one. Denholm is completely off the boil, and Omar doesn’t really have the legs anymore. Omar did well off the bench on Saturday so that could earn him a start.

My thoughts exactly on both players. I do feel that if Danny can get a bit of confidence and strong some decent performances together then he will kick on and be a big player for us. If not then I wouldn’t be upset to see him leave

My thoughts exactly on both players. I do feel that if Danny can get a bit of confidence and strong some decent performances together then he will kick on and be a big player for us. If not then I wouldn’t be upset to see him leave
I didn't think Danny had a bad game on Saturday. He backed up Hamilton well. I think more game time and a bit of confidence and he will kick on. He's definitely a bigger threat than Kadar.

Aye thought Denholm was ok too. Someone who has only been getting starts the last month really, sure it was Airdrie he came in? Also dropped out for Smith I think after that. Give him a good run in team he's definitely 2nd best wide option after Bobby. Think out wide is an area of the team we could improve on, would like to see another option come in to play there/change it up from bench in January.

Just get the chequebook out for Hilson or Easton. [emoji12]

Don’t think Denholm has been as bad as some make out, he has been solid in a few games without being spectacular, granted he needs to try and get back to the level he was unreal up until that Forfar game. 

I expect a different Montrose to turn up and a closer game, hopefully we can keep this run going and get a bigger crowd in. 

Arbroath 0-3Montrose, Sanny hat trick.

Is he still playing?

Over the years Mo have always had 1 boy that used to worry me, think they're a better team overall now obviously but missing a Boyle/Baird/Fraser type player that would get you a bit worried

Know Arbroath fans didn't really rate Fraser me included but he always seemed to look good against us

Archived