Airlines

On 2/23/2019 at 13:33, Highland Capital said:

The BA safety video with Joanna Lumley and David Walliams is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

What's worse is the people who find it absolutely hilarious.  Air rage prior to flying is a new thing for me, but this is a legitimate cause to kill fellow passengers.

Widerøe is my airline of choice/necessity these days and is rather decent. Free wrap and drink, although you only get one swing at it on the one hour hop between Aberdeen and Stavanger. The plane has propellors so I like to get a window seat and pretend I'm a Spitfire pilot. Most importantly it lives up to its name with a decent range of Norwegian wids.

18 minutes ago, resk said:

Widerøe is my airline of choice/necessity these days and is rather decent. Free wrap and drink, although you only get one swing at it on the one hour hop between Aberdeen and Stavanger. The plane has propellors so I like to get a window seat and pretend I'm a Spitfire pilot. Most importantly it lives up to its name with a decent range of Norwegian wids.

Try not to sit by the propellor with a toothache, the vibration is hell. 

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone ever geek out and watch airline videos on youtube? Theres a couple Dennis Bunnik and Wingin it that I watch (now that ive typed that out i feel like a geek, I just love planes emoji15.png).

There is a guy who does full flight videos on Youtube - an 11 hour one popped into my recommendations and whilst the take off and landing are interesting the 10hr 45min in the middle where he just points the camera out of the window is dull.

I think he also flew to Australia and back over the course of 3 days so he could get a certain flight.

Anyone ever geek out and watch airline videos on youtube? Theres a couple Dennis Bunnik and Wingin it that I watch (now that ive typed that out i feel like a geek, I just love planes [emoji15]).

I quite like the Korean guy Sam Chui on YouTube.

I quite like the Korean guy Sam Chui on YouTube.

He started off good but seems to just get sponsored to review things by airlines so theres never anything critical, its always the best experience he’s ever had etc. I do like some of his videos from a perspective of its an insight into cabins i’ll never get to travel in i.e. Ethihad Residence etc.

There is a guy who does full flight videos on Youtube - an 11 hour one popped into my recommendations and whilst the take off and landing are interesting the 10hr 45min in the middle where he just points the camera out of the window is dull.
I think he also flew to Australia and back over the course of 3 days so he could get a certain flight.

Oh god I couldnt watch that, I just like the wee 10min videos, -lounge-seat-food-overall review etc couldnt be doing with 11 hours of looking out a window.

On 25/02/2019 at 01:08, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Anyone ever geek out and watch airline videos on youtube? Theres a couple Dennis Bunnik and Wingin it that I watch (now that ive typed that out i feel like a geek, I just love planes emoji15.png).

I do.  I also lurk on frequent flyer websites.  I find it strangely interesting, but I have no idea why.

Guest Moomintroll
Has anyone flown Vueling before? Doing a few night in Barcelona, flying out from Manchester in July

Vueling were excellent when I did Barcelona to Manchester, cabin crew were great and zero hassles checking in and boarding.

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Even their cattle class is pretty acceptable on medium and long haul.

Indeed. I’ve done Edinburgh Doha before and it was comfy. Going through to Amritsar this time so hoping the second leg will be suitable however I’m planning on being pished by then anyway.

The flights I took with BA last month were the first I'd had with them since 2015 (going to watch Caley Thistle play in Romania!).  I see you now have to pay for your meals, which you didn't have to before I'm sure.  Considering they are usually one of the more expensive airlines, what's the benefit of going with them over say Easyjet?

Edited by Highland Capital

The flights I took with BA last month were the first I'd had with them since 2015 (going to watch Caley Thistle play in Romania!).  I see you now have to pay for your meals, which you didn't have to before I'm sure.  Considering they are usually one of the more expensive airlines, what's the benefit of going with them over say Easyjet?

There is no benefit if flying on a standard short haul ticket, they are now essentially a budget airline. Think of BA as a metaphor for the UK, delusions of grandeur and behind the times.