2 missed penalties

Gnash

Yesterday, Stirling Albion missed 2 penalties in about 1 minute as they beat Berwick Rangers.  Can anyone remember a team being awarded 2 penalties so close together?  And missing them both???

I think Forfar Athletic missed 2 pens in quick succession in a Scottish Cup QF at Station Park in 86-87. They'd been 2-1 up in the first game in the last minute, conceded an equaliser and went out 0-2 at Station Park.

Juan Sara missed 2 pens for Dundee in a home defeat to Rangers, though the awards weren't particularly close together. 

The minter of all minters must be Martin Palermo missing 3 in one game in the Copa America. How the f**k he got near the third one is anyone's guess. 

This was very widespread news in Scotland at the time. Surprised you haven't heard of it.

We missed loads of penalties that season.

Strangely since that season ended we've missed just two.

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This was very widespread news in Scotland at the time. Surprised you haven't heard of it.

Rings a bell but my memory isn't what it used to be. :wacko:

2 hours ago, Gnash said:

3 saves in one half!  That must be some sort of record in its own right.

We also missed all three penalties in a cup game against Hamilton that season in a penalty shootout (3-0 Accies on penalties). 

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I have a dim memory of someone a couple of years ago conceding a penalty which was saved, only to concede another in the stramash which followed.

Can't remember if the second one was scored though.

Back in 1989, Crystal Palace v Brighton saw a total of 3 penalties awarded inside 5 first half minutes and 5 in the whole match, only 2 of which were scored.   There were two penalties awarded within a minute after a penalty save had resulted in a corner which then led to another penalty !

On 11/5/2018 at 05:18, jupe1407 said:

I think Forfar Athletic missed 2 pens in quick succession in a Scottish Cup QF at Station Park in 86-87. They'd been 2-1 up in the first game in the last minute, conceded an equaliser and went out 0-2 at Station Park.

Juan Sara missed 2 pens for Dundee in a home defeat to Rangers, though the awards weren't particularly close together. 

The minter of all minters must be Martin Palermo missing 3 in one game in the Copa America. How the f**k he got near the third one is anyone's guess. 

I was at both games.  John Clark (Forfar) handled the ball to give away a penalty in the last minute, which he thought was going in the goal while Alex Hamill was standing behind him just about to header it clear, absolute sickner.

In the replay Malpas saved the rebound from the first penalty which was flying into the top corner.  He got sent off.  We shat the bed.

I was at a Slavia Prague game earlier this season, they got a VAR penalty and after a long delay, missed it and were then immediately awarded another penalty after a foul in the post penalty melee.  The Plzen fans threw fireworks onto the pitch after the award but when it was taken Slavia scored, on their way to a 3-0 win.

• 1 month later...
On 05/11/2018 at 13:24, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 04/11/2018 at 22:29, DA Baracus said:

We also were given 2 within a few minutes against Ayr that season, Higginbotham took both and missed both I think?

Yeah, that's right. The keeper saved it then our attacker was fouled running in. Quickest two penalties I've ever seen.

The Dundee United game was crazy also. 

Remember the Legendary Wullie McCulloch saving two penalties in a 1-1 draw at Starks Park back in 2008, in what became known as the Willie Gray Derby that season!!!

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:24, Salvo Montalbano said:
On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 22:29, DA Baracus said:

We also were given 2 within a few minutes against Ayr that season, Higginbotham took both and missed both I think?

2 in a minute. Greg Fleming had a phenomenal record at saving penalties for us

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2018 at 13:45, I'm Brian said:

2 in a minute. Greg Fleming had a phenomenal record at saving penalties for us

Scott McKenna had a phenomenal record at giving away stupid fouls in dangerous positions aswell :lol:

Archived