Dumbarton -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off for some pre-match pubbery. The jacket is mahogany soft crushed leatherette. The corduroys are wide-grooved olive green flared hips. The cologne is my own recipe (GRAVITAS[emoji769]). Let the games begin.
Good luck with that!

TEAM | Smith, Ballantyne, Perry, Hutton, Gallagher, Forbes, Spencer, Russell, Paton, Allardice, Thomas. Subs - McGowan, Carswell, R Barr, Dyer #sonsvstenny

Dowie added to the injury pile then? Pleased to see Spencer brought in.

We're embarassingly bad. The players just don't look like they remotely give a f**k.

To make Hutton captain is a hilarious decision from Duffy. Probably one of the most uninterested players I've ever seen at Dumbarton and we have him strutting around pretending he's captain material.

I'd like anyone to look like they give a f**k any time soon. D. Thomas and R. Forbes excused.

The ref giving that foul on the Stenny keeper when it was his own player clattering him :lol:

Chris Smith punching that ball for absolutely no reason whatsoever :lol:

Watching Dumbarton :lol:

At least when we go down we'll have more chance of winning games in League 2...

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We're embarassingly bad. The players just don't look like they remotely give a f**k.

To make Hutton captain is a hilarious decision from Duffy. Probably one of the most uninterested players I've ever seen at Dumbarton and we have him strutting around pretending he's captain material.

I know you and a few others really don't like or rate Hutton but for more than 1 manager to back him and Duffy to start with both him and Carswell in his first game I don't think it is just a coincidence. They see them in training and I'm not sure who else would be a better candidate for the captaincy. 

Important win that and just about worked hard enough for it. Doesn't matter how we win them though.

I know you and a few others really don't like or rate Hutton but for more than 1 manager to back him and Duffy to start with both him and Carswell in his first game I don't think it is just a coincidence. They see them in training and I'm not sure who else would be a better candidate for the captaincy. 

Important win that and just about worked hard enough for it. Doesn't matter how we win them though.
I honestly couldn't give a shit what he does in training or whether managers favour him, what he serves up on the park is absolutely dire beyond words on a weekly basis. He was attrocious today, and if you think otherwise that's fair enough, it's not a personal agenda, it's an honest assessment of a player who has been consistently dreadful since he arrived. You can add Willie Dyer and Grant Adam to that list.

Thank christ for Dom Thomas. As crucial as that win was, the performance was terrible, and for me that's a concern. It's not some sort of freak injury crisis or freak run of results that has led to us being where we are, it's a true reflection of how we perform as a team on a weekly basis. Too many of the players look like they don't give a damn. Paton and Hutton were the standout shiters, with Ballantyne and Thomas being our best performers.

A very welcome 3 points but a better team (no disrespect to Stenny) would have put us to bed today.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'd like anyone to look like they give a f**k any time soon. D. Thomas and R. Forbes excused.

The ref giving that foul on the Stenny keeper when it was his own player clattering him :lol:

Chris Smith punching that ball for absolutely no reason whatsoever :lol:

Watching Dumbarton :lol:

At least when we go down we'll have more chance of winning games in League 2...

Some of our support thought that about this season.

"When we go down we'll have more chance of winning games in League 1"

:1eye

4 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Hutton is garbage. I fail to see how anyone watching games thinks he contributes anything.

Thank the baby Jesus for Dom Thomas, that's all I have to say.

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I honestly couldn't give a shit what he does in training or whether managers favour him, what he serves up on the park is absolutely dire beyond words on a weekly basis. He was attrocious today, and if you think otherwise that's fair enough, it's not a personal agenda, it's an honest assessment of a player who has been consistently dreadful since he arrived. You can add Willie Dyer and Grant Adam to that list.

Thank christ for Dom Thomas. As crucial as that win was, the performance was terrible, and for me that's a concern. It's not some sort of freak injury crisis or freak run of results that has led to us being where we are, it's a true reflection of how we perform as a team on a weekly basis. Too many of the players look like they don't give a damn. Paton and Hutton were the standout shiters, with Ballantyne and Thomas being our best performers.

A very welcome 3 points but a better team (no disrespect to Stenny) would have put us to bed today.

Difference of opinions. I don't think he was great today but I also didn't think Spencer was great (or Carswell when he came on).

I don't care how we play for the next few weeks. As long as we can win another couple of games and get some more points on the board.

Dom Thomas is far too good for us and any team at this level of football.

Archived