Total nonsense fans of your club have said

Not so much recently, but I have heard many a tube at Somerset expressing the opinion that we need a new ground, often hilariously presenting Airdrie as some sort of 'here's what we could/should have had' example.
F*** off.

Literally the most boring, pointless ground I've ever been to.
Except Hampden...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr fans complaining that season ticket holders get priority for all ticket matches does my head in and will likely happen now that our game vs Beith is all ticket.

Can’t wait.

I don't think fans were complaining about ST holders getting priority, it was the fact that we were all entitled to 2 that was the problem.

I don't think fans were complaining about ST holders getting priority, it was the fact that we were all entitled to 2 that was the problem.

I think folk were annoyed at both. Can’t see every season ticket holder buying a ticket for Beith anyway.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think folk were annoyed at both. Can’t see every season ticket holder buying a ticket for Beith anyway.

Each to their own, I went to Ibrox in the hope of Shankland scoring, the Beith game actually excites me more, it won't surprise me in the slightest if we take 1000.

You mean we haven't built the fourth stand with the fancy gym facilities and swimming pool yet? 

Also, anything positive about project Hartley. 

I’d rather we spent all our cash and got into huge debts trying to develop a time machine so we can go back to 1998 and not make a c**t of everything we did after getting a second chance at life , than waste any more money on that fuckin stadium . One that is half empty as it is. Definitely half empty this season not half full

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Talking of alternative sources of any energy, if someone could capture the steam eminating from the George Fox if an away player steals more than a foot at a throw in we could be on to a winner. 

Morton do that - a lot. Was quite funny to see the referee ignore it on Saturday then award us a throw when one of the Jags players stole a few yards (his mistake was crossing the half way line).

Go back a bit further, shoot the fuckers that came up with the stadium criteria and then stay at Brockville. 

On another note aye that one really pissed me off. I think there were 3 reasons why they came up with that . 1 was that celtic and rangers thought they were too good to bother with the likes of falkirk and seeked to exclude them from the league so that only the “right “ sort of teams got promoted. 2 was that diddy teams already in the spl wanted to protect themselves from relegation and the 3rd was vanity, they didnt want old dumps like brockville being showed on the telly and also tv games getting called off everytime there was s hard frost.
The last part was semi reasonable but the other 2 should never have been shouted down .
Now were stuck with large white elephants with souless crowds when in hindsight we could have done up brockville in stages and kept a bit of character about it

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

also tv games getting called off everytime there was s hard frost.
The last part was semi reasonable but the other 2 should never have been shouted down .

That last part is a pile of shite. A decent set of ground covers and a groundskeeper with half a brain can keep a pitch playable down to about -10. For most clubs it will almost never reach that low a temperature and, if it does, there's a good chance the game will be called off due to safety concerns for fans travelling.

However spending a wee fortune on undersoil heating meant games were getting called off for waterlogged pitches because it fucked up the drainage of the grounds. 

I'm all for pointing and laughing at St. Mirren but i think they were hard done to  when the SPL forced them to install undersoil heating at Love St, a year before they were due to leave to a new ground, only to have two live TV games called off because of a water logged pitch. Then ye had the nonsense of Killie and Livvy having undersoil heating and having games called off because they never turnt it on to save money as the rules only said you had to HAVE undersoil heating and not that you had to use it. 

7 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

On another note aye that one really pissed me off. I think there were 3 reasons why they came up with that . 1 was that celtic and rangers thought they were too good to bother with the likes of falkirk and seeked to exclude them from the league so that only the “right “ sort of teams got promoted. 2 was that diddy teams already in the spl wanted to protect themselves from relegation and the 3rd was vanity, they didnt want old dumps like brockville being showed on the telly and also tv games getting called off everytime there was s hard frost.
Now were stuck with large white elephants with souless crowds when in hindsight we could have done up brockville in stages and kept a bit of character about it

It was really all about point 2.

On 06/11/2018 at 19:05, D.A.F.C said:

It does seem a bit unfair to the teams that built massive unneeded stadiums that you don’t need to meet the same criteria now.

Never mind at least we can sit and be freezing. 

Who built a 10K seater stadium that wasn't present at the SPL meetings drawing up the rules?

I'd say Airdrie and then I'm stuck...

On 11/6/2018 at 11:52, Iain said:

People saying League 1 is our level is the one that annoys me. Until 2006 we had never spent more than two consecutive seasons in the third tier. Hardly 'our level' unless the last decade and a half trumps the previous 90+ years.

The third tier/seaside leagues didn't actually exist until forty years ago though - and since then you've spent nearly half of all your league campaigns slumming it down there. Fooling absolutely no-one champ. 

Describing Morton as 'The Famous' was originally a straightforward trolling device to turn countless bumpkins into a frothing mess during our cakewalk 2014/15 campaign; the fact that it now greatly annoys the torn-faced, self-flagellating element of the Morton fanbase is a wee added bonus that means it's going to stick around forever though.  

57 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Who built a 10K seater stadium that wasn't present at the SPL meetings drawing up the rules?

I'd say Airdrie and then I'm stuck...

Plenty probably destroyed decent terracing to build big stands though.

Others moved when they maybe wouldn't have needed to, had sanity been allowed to prevail.

Teams that suffered financially due to spl 10k seater rules

livvy

dundee

dunfermline 

killie

airdrie

motherwell

dundee united

One went bust, two went into admin and Motherwell  early did. All now have to maintain stadiums that they can’t afford.

On the other hand ICT and Ross County built semi permanent staging stands and climbed the leagues.

It doesn’t really seem fair but hey ho.

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Teams that suffered financially due to spl 10k seater rules

livvy

dundee

dunfermline 

killie

airdrie

motherwell

dundee united

One went bust, two went into admin and Motherwell  early did. All now have to maintain stadiums that they can’t afford.

On the other hand ICT and Ross County built semi permanent staging stands and climbed the leagues.

It doesn’t really seem fair but hey ho.

There's truth in there being an injustice here.  Justice however, doesn't lie in perpetuating the nonsense indefinitely.

The injustice occurred in 1998; not in its repeal.

I think the clubs were sold a lie in that the spl was some magical top European league that everyone couldn’t wait to watch. In reality it was four old firm games a season and scraps to the others. 

In our first televised game we dropped the prices and almost filled the ground. I think since then we’ve filled it three times. Arsenal, man united and the fife derby to win the league.

Archived