Total nonsense fans of your club have said

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I think the clubs were sold a lie in that the spl was some magical top European league that everyone couldn’t wait to watch. In reality it was four old firm games a season and scraps to the others. 

In our first televised game we dropped the prices and almost filled the ground. I think since then we’ve filled it three times. Arsenal, man united and the fife derby to win the league.

It saddens me that the people who ran the best Scottish clubs were so easily manipulated and duped by Murray.

Surely some of these guys had a backbone and argued the Old firm were talking shite and no to be listened too???

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

It saddens me that the people who ran the best Scottish clubs were so easily manipulated and duped by Murray.

Surely some of these guys had a backbone and argued the Old firm were talking shite and no to be listened too???

I’m sure there was corruption involved as masterton built his stadia group around the redevelopment. Financially for the banks it must have suited them that clubs were being loaned millions to build all the new stands.

Youre right though the clubs should have said no, f**k off to England with your overspending and bigotry. What a league that would have been.

I would love to have the old east end park back and brockville etc.

It's fitting for the OP that someone's trying to dig out the violin for the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee United and Motherwell: who 'suffered financially'  under rules that were set up with their permission while they were playing in the top flight. Throw in the revisionist sob story that the likes of Airdrieonians and Livingston were somehow compelled to build ridiculous, white elephant stadia - despite the fact that 75% of the second and third tiers at that time did not in fact do so - and we've got an absolute keeper. 

18 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I’m sure there was corruption involved as masterton built his stadia group around the redevelopment. Financially for the banks it must have suited them that clubs were being loaned millions to build all the new stands.

Youre right though the clubs should have said no, f**k off to England with your overspending and bigotry. What a league that would have been.

I would love to have the old east end park back and brockville etc.

I like to think that I have more contempt for the OF than most. 

However, it's a distortion to pretend that they were the primary villains in the creation of the SPL.  Of course its terms favoured them more than anyone, but the real problem concerned the other sides who happened to be in the top flight at the time.  

The entire point of the exercise was to deprive the clubs who were then below that level of a decent chance of getting there.  This involved cutting others adrift financially, inserting prohibitive stadium criteria and restricting promotion to 1 up; 1 down.

I'd love it if the OF fucked off to England or wherever.  Let's not pretend though that the others were pressed into the SPL.   Those others were more keen on it than the indifferent monsters who accepted the bulk of the spoils.

Dundee United? They made Tannadice all seated 4 years before the SPL, thus the stupid 10k seat rule, was a thing.

Kilmarnock made Rugby Park all seated in 1995, 3 years before the SPL was a thing. No idea why they made the capacity 18k either. No one forced them to do that.

Fir Park was made all seater in 1995, having gradually converted each stand to all seats in the 5 years before.

Airdrie were never close to promotion to the SPL. No one forced them to build an all seater stadium.

No idea why they're being included here. Total nonsense.

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Roger Mitchell should’ve been jailed for the 10,000 seater rule.

A mere prison term is much too good for the odious little shit that is Roger Mitchell.

Let's not pretend however, that he came up with the 10,000 seats rule, independently of the clubs who paid for him.

Roger Mitchell should’ve been jailed for the 10,000 seater rule.

You could have got him on loads of other things too. Still popping his arrogant little head above the parapet on twitter too. No shame

It's fitting for the OP that someone's trying to dig out the violin for the likes of Dunfermline, Dundee United and Motherwell: who 'suffered financially'  under rules that were set up with their permission while they were playing in the top flight. Throw in the revisionist sob story that the likes of Airdrieonians and Livingston were somehow compelled to build ridiculous, white elephant stadia - despite the fact that 75% of the second and third tiers at that time did not in fact do so - and we've got an absolute keeper. 
^^^club spent nothing on stadium and then failed to get to spl despite spending it all on players type post

On 06/11/2018 at 12:00, palmy_cammy said:

We get this one as well, although more from non-fans in Dumfries when giving their numerous excuses as to why they don't support Queens, than actual supporters.

At Firhill we get the board want promotion schtick...unbelievable...:green

~15 years in the doldrums (partially the fault, of course, of giving a million-quid wage budget to a deranged alcoholic) is a small price to pay for having not shipped out to a legoland ground in retail park territory, in hindsight.

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

~15 years in the doldrums (partially the fault, of course, of giving a million-quid wage budget to a deranged alcoholic) is a small price to pay for having not shipped out to a legoland ground in retail park territory, in hindsight.

I'd hate for us to be playing in a soulless Lego stadium with no atmosphere.

No disrespect to any of the teams who built new stadiums to comply with the 10000 seater rule, but their stadiums are utter shite.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

EEP should have terracing again.

Sadly will never happen.

Even sadder is there really isn't that much of a demand for terracing at EEP. It's such a minority that the club can easily totally ignore it.

Could maybe have a small section in the NW but a lot of the guys in there stand anyway so whatever.

Even sadder is there really isn't that much of a demand for terracing at EEP. It's such a minority that the club can easily totally ignore it.
Could maybe have a small section in the NW but a lot of the guys in there stand anyway so whatever.
More to do with money and realizing that it'd be crazy right now to splash our limited cash on it.

Also, safe standing can f**k off. Terracing please

Surely terracing only really works if it's next to the away fans no?

So Dunfermline could remove the seats from the wing stand, add a few crush barriers and voila. The new away end and home terrace.

Keep the seats in the other 3 stands.

Archived