Total nonsense fans of your club have said

Usually we are in accord with most of our fellow fans but sometimes your fellow fans will come out with total pish that has you wondering what they're on about and why they're saying such things.

It could be that think a striker who scores loads of goals is useless because all they do is score. It could be that they want the board to release a statement on some utter non event. It could be anything.

I'll start with a few:

1. After Hibs won the Scottish Cup it was remarked that their fans' rendition of Sunshine on Leith after the game was brilliant, and talk went to the hypothetical of what anthem we'd sing in that position.

Oddly there were a LOT of shouts for Chance by Big Country. Big Country are linked to the club and the late frontman was a fan, often seen on the terraces. However Chance is a very sad song, with the chorus being "Oh Lord, where did the feeling go? Oh Lord, I've never felt so low". If we won the Scottish Cup I certainly wouldn't feel low, never mind sing about hitting a low I've never felt before. A truly mental shout. After our win at Falkirk earlier this year there were fans singing this on the bus. Very odd and very silly.

2. Some of our fans, in fact an alarmingly large percentage, believe that Stephen Kenny was hard done by. Kenny was signed from Derry and took over in November 2006. We were languishing at the bottom of the SPL and looked certainties for relegation. Kenny didn't get a win until his 9th game. We were relegated. He did get us to the Scottish Cup final though. In the First Division we were utter gash, with a horrible run of pumpings (0-5 vs Hamilton, 3-0 vs Stirling Albion and 0-4 vs Livingston) seeing him finally get punted. He oversaw us getting knocked out of Europe by BK Hacken. He got us to the Challenge Cup final where we went in at half time 3-0 down to St Johnstone. Overall he had a 30% win record. He was simply out of his depth.

However a lot of our fans think there was a player conspiracy against him and that certain players, led by Scott Thomson, refused to play for him and deliberately feigned injury and played shite.

However he gave them all new contracts.

The guy was just not good enough, and has said as much in interviews since. Seemingly his training involved shooting from the halfway line and practising long balls and players have apparently said it was the most ludicrous and pointless training they've experienced. 

3. The board were being dicks towards the fans for releasing a statement rightly condemning the homophobic chants against Scott McDonald. These cretins even sang 'You can shove your fucking statement up your arse' in subsequent games and demanded that the board release statements about loads of things away fans said. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Roberts may have been an abysmal manager, but he certainly wasn't an abysmal striker, which was the hill a certain legal clerk chose to die on for basically the entire five years he was with Ayr.

I'm pretty sure it was the season after Caley Thistle won the Scottish Cup, I was on the Supporter's Bus heading to a game and sat near me was another guy who's a regular away game attender (not often on the bus though).  Anyway, I can't recall if this was as the season was starting or midway through it, but we were really struggling for goals.  We'd sold Billy Mckay to Wigan midway through the season before and Ofere had buggered off after we won the cup.  Myself and a couple of others (including the aforementioned fellow) were discussing who we should sign before he chips in with "We should sign Derek Riordan!".  I think I chuckled a wee bit before realising he was serious.  "He scores goals!" he declared.  He hadn't scored goals regularly at a decent level since about a decade before!

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I'm pretty sure it was the season after Caley Thistle won the Scottish Cup, I was on the Supporter's Bus heading to a game and sat near me was another guy who's a regular away game attender (not often on the bus though).  Anyway, I can't recall if this was as the season was starting or midway through it, but we were really struggling for goals.  We'd sold Billy Mckay to Wigan midway through the season before and Ofere had buggered off after we won the cup.  Myself and a couple of others (including the aforementioned fellow) were discussing who we should sign before he chips in with "We should sign Derek Riordan!".  I think I chuckled a wee bit before realising he was serious.  "He scores goals!" he declared.  He hadn't scored goals regularly at a decent level since about a decade before!

Well there's your first mistake.

I will never know what was really shouted out on that fateful day at Victoria Park back in the late 90s, but what I heard was very definitely "WELL PLAYED, NICOLE KIDMAN!!" I don't think she was even at the game, and definitely wasn't taking part as a player.

Roughly once a season since, I have been known to shout out the same thing during a game. I'm quite sentimental like that.

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

May I use this as an opportunity to say that it is nearly five years since I’ve noticed Tyler posting, but his Sun Tzu-esque Ross County rhetoric is greatly missed.

Hide contents

Aw man, Id forgotten about Tyler! I miss him.

1 hour ago, Tryfield said:

Aye.

It's some pish called SPFL noo.

Congratulations my friend, BTW. She looks a wee stoater.

:thumsup2

I get irrationality angry about it.

^_^ thank you. 

Someone on the Morton forum once said that Jai Quitongo was that good, his transfer fee would wipe out the clubs £2m debt. :lol:

That was backed up by many, many more saying it would have happened if he hadn't got injured. :lol:

Archived