Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock - 10th November 2018

17 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

7FC478A2-B7BE-4586-8535-77719D5BD173.gif

That today was right up there with my favourite ever away days. Might not be for everyone, but with the personal circumstances that went in to it, it was pretty special.

Due to get off Arran on the 8.20 sailing  to head to Edinburgh all 4 of us, for me and the wee man to then peel off later for the football. Ferry was unexpectedly cancelled, leaving our plans in tatters and me spitting feathers. Eventually get off the island after 12. The missus picks me up, races us up to Edinburgh and drops me and the wee man off with nothing to spare.

It's the wee guy's first time at Tynecastle and we only go and beat the league leaders with a late goal, away end rocking, wild scenes. Back in the car, down the M8 to a carvery and a couple of pints, home. Fantastic day out and special memories for the wee fella.

Thought we did well considering four or five of our key players were injured or dropped. Bachmann more than justified his start with the save late in the first half. Millen did well and his celebrations for the late winner were fantastic. Otherwise, I thought Power was the standout player. His workrate demands the same of others and lifts the team to a higher level.

I'm as big a Boyd fan as there is but thought he was a slow big lump today. Hopefully have Brophy and Stewart back after the international break.

Glad the wee fella got to sample another #superkillieawaydays @deadasdillinger.

On a down note and as much as it pains me to say it, KB is done now, last season was his swansong, I'd imagine he will only be used in an  absolute emergency or as a late sub for the rest of the season.

SC will keep him around though as he is seen as a father figure within the dressingroom and is adored by the youngsters when he takes them for coaching.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's much less than our home support in that photo.

I think the point is that it’s almost as much as Aberdeen brought but your home support is more like Dundee’s.

He was asking why Killie have such a large proportion of “Home and Away” fans.

Is “Hearts Away” The one you all circle when the fixture list is published?

Is it that support has slowly evaporated since promotion leaving a concentrated hard core?

Is Kilmarnock town centre that bad that you’ll grab any opportunity for a day outside it?

Is it something else entirely?

59 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think the point is that it’s almost as much as Aberdeen brought but your home support is more like Dundee’s.

Is it that support has slowly evaporated since promotion leaving a concentrated hard core?

Is Kilmarnock town centre that bad that you’ll grab any opportunity for a day outside it?

There once was a poll on killiefc.com that indicated most Killie fans don't live in Kilmarnock,  so these people are used to having to travel to the match.

We also have a core of every-game fans which tends to increase when the team are doing well.

Plus Hearts away is always a good day out. 

47 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Honestly, it's probably because they're amazing this weather. There's a definite understanding in East Ayrshire that this is approachingthe best we've ever had, and the traditional home crowd are taking every opportunity to see them.

Also, I think people are probably guilty of overestimating the size of our catchment area because we'vebeenso much more successful than the likes of Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Mirren etc. Even when they won the league the average attendance was still only 7000 or so.

So glad I missed that game. Sounds like I would have been frustrated beyond belief.

Kilmarnock please continue to take points of the top few teams and keep the league interesting, however you're welcome to slip up against the shitty bottom teams apart from Hibs.

15 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

So glad I missed that game. Sounds like I would have been frustrated beyond belief.

Kilmarnock please continue to take points of the top few teams and keep the league interesting, however you're welcome to slip up against the shitty bottom teams apart from Hibs.

^

crying-man.gif.56e390a885f37c4df3fbabd2a061fd50.gif

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We've always taken a big % of our home support away from home. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Could anybody post and please tell me how many Kilmarnock fans were there ?  I haven't seen any posts telling me about it. 

I don't have access to crowdwanking.com, sorry.

Photos would be great as well, cheers. :thumsup2

Don't think we deserved to lose that, but we never really done enough to win either.  Will be interesting to see if the offside goal should've stood as it looked like it came off a Killie player.  Shite result but credit to Killie, they are really hard to break down and keep their shape brilliantly.  Got to bounce back with a win next week.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Could anybody post and please tell me how many Kilmarnock fans were there ?  I haven't seen any posts telling me about it. 

I don't have access to crowdwanking.com, sorry.

Photos would be great as well, cheers. :thumsup2

Maybe if you stopped wanking into your mums pants you might notice these things you northern inbread.

Archived