Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock - 10th November 2018

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our last 10 visits to Tynecastle, including today, gave the following results (if you don’t include the defeats):

1-0 win
1-1 draw
2-1 win
1-1 draw
4-0 win
3-0 win
3-1 win
1-0 win
2-0 win
3-0 win

Didn’t include the 3 Hearts victories due to their financial doping.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

Our last 10 visits to Tynecastle, including today, gave the following results (if you don’t include the defeats):

1-0 win
1-1 draw
2-1 win
1-1 draw
4-0 win
3-0 win
3-1 win
1-0 win
2-0 win
3-0 win

Didn’t include the 3 Hearts victories due to their financial doping.

That seems fair.. lest we forget

SC bringing the boys back down to earth by demanding more......

"I think we should be higher in the league," he said. "I am probably a little bit disappointed with our points tally to be honest.

"But it is nice at this stage of the season to be so far away from the bottom two and if we can pick up a lot more points over the next eight matches over the winter break then maybe, if we do it properly between now and the winter break, then we can think about mounting a serious challenge for the top six again."

Smash and grab. warnock.png&key=36d19f11f1f0fbc95a2d79aada3888babd93dc2f4f32450f9c85c2d4a9471a0d
We'll finish 2nd-4th and get Europe depending on Naismith and Berra getting back to fitness next month.
But please can we keep a fully fit squad for the Scottish Cup. We'll have a great chance if so.

We’ll finish 2nd-4th and get Europe with Stewart and Brophy getting back in the team.
But please can we get some defensive cover for the Scottish Cup. We’ll have a great chance if so.

Killie were very well organised and took their chance when it came..Hearts  played some good football but never looked like finishing a move ..The lack of firepower was the difference ,. Wighton and Mclean are not nearly as effective as Uche and Naiasmith..Also , why no Mcdonald in goal after getting a call up ? Good strikers are pretty thin on the ground but if any one of Hibs , Aberdeen , Killie , Hearts could find one  and not get injured ,the league would be even tighter  at the top . .Fingers crossed for Livi and Motherwell  tomorrow...

Good football at times but lacked a finisher up front.

Killie are a well organised unit and took their chance well.

Worth mentioning the Hearts support as this is continually getting on my nerves.

Its about time we started getting behind our team and being more vocal about it . As far as I’m concerned , supporting your team isn’t just turning up and sitting like a mute , get behind them ffs!

Killie fans were unbelievable today and showed us how it should be done.

No point in having a large support of the majority just sit there like fucking dummies 

Rant over 

24 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ross Millen FFS. Looked out of his depth at Clyde.

Steve Clarke is definitely restarting matches on his FM save.

By all accounts the coaching staff & SOD have been working with Ross to  encourage him to get further up the pitch, he seems to be getting to grips with that aspect of his game.

He's bulked up and looks seriously ripped nowadays. Perhaps he's just a late developer.

On 04/11/2018 at 18:26, JamieThomas said:

Let's be honest - if Ayr were to play Kilmarnock tomorrow, the smart punters cash would be on the Honest Men.

As a fish & chip league team would turn these mugs over, I have to put our reserve side down as running out 5 or 6 nil winners.

On 06/11/2018 at 15:13, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Amazing level of confidence from a team who can't beat dross like Aberdeen

On 06/11/2018 at 15:33, Nastro said:

Kilmarnock will not win at Tynecastle.

7FC478A2-B7BE-4586-8535-77719D5BD173.gif

That today was right up there with my favourite ever away days. Might not be for everyone, but with the personal circumstances that went in to it, it was pretty special.

Due to get off Arran on the 8.20 sailing  to head to Edinburgh all 4 of us, for me and the wee man to then peel off later for the football. Ferry was unexpectedly cancelled, leaving our plans in tatters and me spitting feathers. Eventually get off the island after 12. The missus picks me up, races us up to Edinburgh and drops me and the wee man off with nothing to spare.

It's the wee guy's first time at Tynecastle and we only go and beat the league leaders with a late goal, away end rocking, wild scenes. Back in the car, down the M8 to a carvery and a couple of pints, home. Fantastic day out and special memories for the wee fella.

Thought we did well considering four or five of our key players were injured or dropped. Bachmann more than justified his start with the save late in the first half. Millen did well and his celebrations for the late winner were fantastic. Otherwise, I thought Power was the standout player. His workrate demands the same of others and lifts the team to a higher level.

I'm as big a Boyd fan as there is but thought he was a slow big lump today. Hopefully have Brophy and Stewart back after the international break.

Archived