Aberdeen vs Hibs

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tarapoa said:

High winds forecast, so presumably these Gayfield-like conditions will ensure the AFC 2018/19 Shitfest XI will prevail over the hybrids of Brazil 70 and NL 74 from Leith ?

To be honest if either of Brazil 70 or NL 74 turned up at Pittodrie tonight I'd be confident of a result. 

Can't really think who Alan Muir is tbh so hoping thats a good sign.  Surely he can't be as bad as Collum but it is Scottish refs we are talking about here.

I'd expect us to be the same as last week though possibly Considine in for Lowe. Personally I'd prefer Lowes pace against Hibs wide men and greater attacking threat but Derek loves big Andy's defensive work. Would be good to see Anderson get some decent gametime, he deserves it after his work this season.  Plus I'd think he'll be our joint top scorer this season?

A win would take us about Hibs, Saintees and possibly Killie as well as getting us back into the top 6.  Decent crowd expected so hopefully a good atmosphere too.

COYR.

It's pretty windy out so can't see this game being a classic tbh. A stronger gust might blow Martin Boyle out to sea. Given the wind I'd like to see lots of crosses into the box as Bogdan looks dubious in the air at the best of times. Can see this being a game where plenty of goal kicks don't make it out the half so long balls might end up a bit of a lottery.

Prediction: 2-1 Dons. Wind assisted Joe Lewis free kick from our half to win the game.

4 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

It's pretty windy out so can't see this game being a classic tbh. A stronger gust might blow Martin Boyle out to sea. Given the wind I'd like to see lots of crosses into the box as Bogdan looks dubious in the air at the best of times. Can see this being a game where plenty of goal kicks don't make it out the half so long balls might end up a bit of a lottery.

Prediction: 2-1 Dons. Wind assisted Joe Lewis free kick from our half to win the game.

How many times have you seen him play?

Results on a Friday night since 2011 for Aberdeen at Home:

30/09/2011 - Aberdeen 4 Dunfermline Athletic 0
15/02/2013 – Aberdeen 1 Dundee 0
10/01/2014 – Aberdeen 1 Hibs 0
24/10/2014 – Aberdeen 1 Motherwell 0
13/03/2015 – Aberdeen 2 Motherwell 1
22/01/2016 – Aberdeen 1 Dundee 0
27/01/2017 – Aberdeen 3 Dundee 0
12/05/2017 – Aberdeen 1 Celtic 3
27/04/2018 – Aberdeen 2 Hearts 0

Hope I haven't missed any out but Aberdeen does have a great record playing at home on a Friday night

Hope this we continue to keep this great run tonight :)

20 minutes ago, Green Day said:

How many times have you seen him play?

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbh I think seeing Hearts disallowed goal the other night is enough

This

He has had a few howlers this season no? Certainly seemed like it.

Is Marciano out of favour or still injured?

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Results on a Friday night since 2011 for Aberdeen:

30/09/2011 - Aberdeen 4 Dunfermline Athletic 0
15/02/2013 – Aberdeen 1 Dundee 0
10/01/2014 – Aberdeen 1 Hibs 0
24/10/2014 – Aberdeen 1 Motherwell 0
13/03/2015 – Aberdeen 2 Motherwell 1
22/01/2016 – Aberdeen 1 Dundee 0
27/01/2017 – Aberdeen 3 Dundee 0
12/05/2017 – Aberdeen 1 Celtic 3
27/04/2018 – Aberdeen 2 Hearts 0

Hope I haven't missed any out but Aberdeen does have a great record playing at home on a Friday night

Love the Friday nights, working in ABZ, but living in the sticks these days, it suits me fine.

Was a sign of the times that the first one against the Pars drew 8,500 or so and was declared a real success by Neil Tadcaster, as that was a decent crowd for us in the McGhee/Brown eras.   Rob Milsom was the new messiah that night.

Never tire of watching that Flood goal...........and that's some record. Even the Celtic game bar losing three goals in the first 10 minutes or whatever it was, ended up being quite a stirring night with Stockley knocking their centre halves everywhere, before missing a sitter, which he tended to do against the bigot brothers.

Here's hoping it continues tonight - normally the Hibees wanting to come up and take us on suits us..........although the last game up here against them post-split ended up being a damp squib, but the point helped us secure second place (again).

32 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

This

He has had a few howlers this season no? Certainly seemed like it.

Is Marciano out of favour or still injured?

So, you have seen one incident on tv?

And from that you deduce that Bogdan has "had a few howlers this season". Cool, remind me?

As for the hearts punch, even good keepers occasionally make a mistake, although rarely as horrific as that one Lewis made above.

Marciano is fit, Bogdan is keeping him out the team.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

So, you have seen one incident on tv?

And from that you deduce that Bogdan has "had a few howlers this season". Cool, remind me?

As for the hearts punch, even good keepers occasionally make a mistake, although rarely as horrific as that one Lewis made above.

Marciano is fit, Bogdan is keeping him out the team.

He plays in goal for hibs. QED

Archived