Aberdeen vs Hibs

Thought it was the best performance for a while; midfield had bite that was missing for a while, every part of defence was solid and we looked a threat running towards goal. Don’t have a goal scorer tho even if it was one of May’s better matches.

Confidence in Wilson is draining however, another game that seemed to pass him by, effort is there but little else and it must be getting to the point of throwing Anderson in from the start.

Not sure where the radio talk of Hibs deserving a point if not all three comes from. They created a few half decent chances but the only moment of actual concern was when Lewis came flying out of goal only to end up nowhere. Thankfully the Hibs forward ballooned it over.

With you on the radio talk

Listened to the sportsound podcast from post match and you’d think the second half was like the Alamo from hibs based on what they were saying.

Hibs had more of the ball and a couple of decent chances but thought we were pretty comfortable seeing the game out.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Good 6 points but for a team with a substantial wage bill you really aren’t that good. McKay Steven is about the only  class  player you have these days, McInnes has definitely weakened your squad.

he can't replace quality like langfield, magennis etc

As soon as Aberdeen scored, I had zero faith in us getting anything from that. I know they've been disrupted by injuries but it's frustrating to see Maclaren and Kamberi look like they aren't  on the same wavelength. Those two looked like they were telepathic last season. We desperately need to get back to something like that soon. That's 3 games without a goal now and it seems like most of the chances we've had in those games have been from set pieces.

When you've got one of your strikers looking completely unfit on return from injury and Lewis Allan is the only option to replace him, there's clearly a squad depth issue as well. Easier said than done but bring in a good striker, a Scott Allan type player (perhaps Scott Allan), get Hanlon and Gray back and we could still have a good season.

Not exactly amazing stuff from Aberdeen but they scored a nice goal, looked solid and fully deserved the win. Bit of a cigars job most of the game tbf. 

Can't wait to play the sheep in the cup final and see how we get on against the "best winger in the country" [emoji2]

I wouldn’t worry.

You’re up against the best central defenders and GK in the country. [emoji106]

🤞for 0-0 and penalties.

I wouldn’t worry.

You’re up against the best central defenders and GK in the country. [emoji106]

🤞for 0-0 and penalties.

Derek plays a 8-1-1 formation, Celtic score after 20 minutes, The sheep push out, Celtic win 5 nil.

Aberdeen fans claim McInnes best manager since Ferguson.

Nap.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

Derek plays a 8-1-1 formation, Celtic score after 20 minutes, The sheep push out, Celtic win 5 nil.

Aberdeen fans claim McInnes best manager since Ferguson.

Nap.

You are pleasingly obsessed with Derek. No idea why.

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Its funny how seething Celtic fans get over McInnes. 

Its funny how anybody would think we give a f*ck about him.

Despite the bottle crashings against us, hes a very decent manager at this level, and isn’t a wind up merchant or plays mind games. Other than the connection with a dead club for a few years I find him likeable enough.

Archived